Jestersix

To BOD - Steve Tyree is asking if BAR is interested in Coral farmers Market again with Booth?

Apon

Supporting Member
He sent me email with some details. I will not be in Town for this one to be contact. Can you guys tell me who can be the BAR contact for Steve. I can forward to the email on to them.

Arnold

Apon

Supporting Member
Still no response from BOD? Its only 4 weeks away. Last time Bruce and I took about this much time to coordinate everything. Please let me know. Also he is asking if we want to sell discounted tickets to the club.

Bruce Spiegelman

BOD
Staff member
Still no response from BOD? Its only 4 weeks away. Last time Bruce and I took about this much time to coordinate everything. Please let me know. Also he is asking if we want to sell discounted tickets to the club.
Took this much time to coordinate and we needed even more time.

Coral reefer

BOD
Staff member
@Wlachnit ? I can maybe hang out at a booth some, I think I'll be able to attend the event this time. I have no time or energy for doing much prep, Certainly nothing like last time.

Bruce Spiegelman

BOD
Staff member
I'm probably going to take some flak for posting this, but I've been mulling this over for days and deciding whether to do the booth at the CFM again next month. Last time around it was a pretty big production. Some stuff worked, a few things didn't, but we made a decent chunk of change for the club and that's a good thing. I've been watching for months now as everyone ignores the posts about the need for new officers. A need for some new blood. No one seems interested and when Mike steps down this year it appears we will not have a president. So the question is --- why raise money and spend time recruiting members on a club that may not have a guiding hand (as well as a number of other officers?) I don't expect the club will collapse, but since it is pretty well funded now there's not much need to seek more money if activities will be curtailed anyway.

Mike's done his penance and done it well, but I think we're losing about half of the officers that plan the clubs events and no one's stepping in. I'm not calling out anyone on this. People are busy with work and families and the club isn't a priority. I can't commit this year because of some upcoming possible changes in my life and understand that simply maybe no one else can either. That's just life.

The point is maybe we shouldn't do CFM this time around. That's okay as well.

tankguy

Supporting Member
Kinda agree with Bruce on this. I’m a little disappointed cause I think the club could use some new blood. I think I’ve been involved with the BOD for 2 1/2 years. Completely understand how life gets in the way. I’ve always been a advocate of every other month get together. Maybe someone will see this and step up for their turn at running the show.

Coral reefer

BOD
Staff member
I think people are always intimidated by the prospect of taking a hand in the leadership of the club, but if nobody ever got their feet wet, nobody would be in charge today and the club wouldn't exist anymore. It's only as much work as you want it to be

tankguy

Supporting Member
Agree with Mike , we are all at one time a member. It’s not scary nd we don’t have to do a lot. Want to skip a month no biggie. Take summers off , no biggie. To me the club is suppose to be a bunch of friends who have the same interest

daddio

I think people are always intimidated by the prospect of taking a hand in the leadership of the club, but if nobody ever got their feet wet, nobody would be in charge today and the club wouldn't exist anymore. It's only as much work as you want it to be
Agree with Mike , we are all at one time a member. It’s not scary nd we don’t have to do a lot. Want to skip a month no biggie. Take summers off , no biggie. To me the club is suppose to be a bunch of friends who have the same interest
I am willing to step up. I am happy to take on any responsibility or role that is needed in the club. Just let me know what I can do.
Cheers! Mark

daddio

So on the Coral Farmers Market, Peter and I can volunteer to set up and sit at the booth all day Saturday if needed. Perhaps to make it easy, the club could just offer discounted memberships at the event. I really see no need for the club to sell "advance" tickets as they are only $5 online. Just my 2 cents.
Cheers! Mark

I can offer couple of hours to do the booth duty. I think others will lend a hand as well if we make a open call in the forum

Chromis

Supporting Member
Let’s do the booth at every CFM, it’s only once every 6 months. I volunteer to help out at least a couple hours. But maybe to Bruce’s point make it less of a production. Ideas?

Let’s keep these from last time:
1. Laptop for membership sign-ups - no more scribbling on paper. We need to name a person or company responsible for the website making sure new members get registered and get a welcome email by end of day Monday after the event (if it can’t be automated).

2. T-shirt sales

3. Raffles, I especially liked the club vendor raffles like Kimmie’s clowns because first, it’s such a great product but also gives Kim recognition. Everyone who gathers around for the raffle announcements will go away having heard of her company.

4. The banner - can we use the one from last time or did we get/lose any supporters? Let’s nail that down now so we have time to fix anything

5. Ideas?

Avoid these this time:
1. Any tanks or live anything at the booth unless it’s Kimmies clownfish or something really special

2. ? Ideas ?

daddio

I am willing to help out in any capacity needed. We should contact Steve and tell him yes please to the table space?

Apon

Supporting Member
So I can forward the email to who ever is in charge this time, or I can continue to be liason if needed.

Things from last time to remember as Bruce and I was sharing duties, Bruce maybe share the old thread and PM's?

Friday Setup Help - setup booth and venue - need 4 people We took like 2 hours
- You need to pick up item to setup.
Saturday - Bruce coordinated most of this, but he couldn't stay the whole day.
-Shifts are needed
-Instructions for volunteers
-also a team to help help take down ( we missed that last year)

Chromis

Supporting Member
So I can forward the email to who ever is in charge this time, or I can continue to be liason if needed.

Things from last time to remember as Bruce and I was sharing duties, Bruce maybe share the old thread and PM's?

Friday Setup Help - setup booth and venue - need 4 people We took like 2 hours
- You need to pick up item to setup.
Saturday - Bruce coordinated most of this, but he couldn't stay the whole day.
-Shifts are needed
-Instructions for volunteers
-also a team to help help take down ( we missed that last year)
I volunteer for Friday setup, and will pick up whatever’s needed at the booth Saturday.

So who is our “webmaster”?