Kessil

Tongan micromussa #2

samplepicsmag960post.jpg

Another Tongan micro.
1 sm. frag available.
Must be a BAR member.
Must do well with micros.
Must pick up from my work in Albany.

Would like to do this one too but let someone else have a shot. I will get in line for the next gen.

Question for you that I have never really know the answer to. What is the big differences between a micromussa and an acan?

Looks very nice. Would jump on this one, but it looks like the Aussie blue/red micro that I paid an arm and a leg for.

Micros are smaller and have a smoother outer surface. Acans get larger and have more of a ridgelike outer surface. The only definitive way to tell them apart is to take a look at their skeletons.

Sometime in the future I'd love to have one, but the Acan frags we got at the swap are just sitting there stagnant. Not growing at all. Not receding. I put one in our Nano and it seems to be happier, but the lord in our 40 is still a single polyp.

I had a problem with sg, but have pretty much corrected that. My zoas look a little happier. Now, I should do a water change this weekend.

I just got back from Hawai'i Jim, so just briefly reading over some messages, I do have some room in my tank, however I have to do a post-vacatoin algae clean up session before I stick anything in, unfortunately work related matters come first though. My problem is I'm never really in Albany, so couldn't pick it up.

Back