got ethical husbandry?

Tunze ATO Pump

Hi Yashi
I do not have a 3-D printer, if you can I would love to get one printed. I'll pay you whatever u like.
Also just curious how does that hold it in place?

Funny, I was refilling my ATO and thinking about this too. I always assumed it was the stiffness in the hose connected to it that caused it to flop over sideways.

Last edited:
Do you have a 3D printer?
If not, I can print this for you.
Thanks for the link! We normally have about 5 of the regular and nano ATOs in use, clunking around when kids refill reservoirs. I will see what materials our current campus 3D printers use.

Thanks! If you don’t mind I’ll see what plastics the shop classes can use. I always have some students who could really use a boost of confidence and contribute for positive attention. I might contact you later, though
For sure! I can print this in reef safe PETG for you. Let me know how many your school needs.

What types are considered reef safe?
Nylon, PETG, ABS (in that order of preference).

Nylon is difficult to print on hobby grade printers, but if you absolutely need nylon, I can print them for you at work.

We have a couple of huge SLS 6100 printers, so I may be able to fill up empty build volume, if any, with these parts (can't guarantee timeline though - these printers are usually packed with work builds and run 24x7).

Nylon is hygroscopic. It will absorb water and swell.
That is correct - however, only Nylon 6 and 6/6 have about a 5-10% dimensional increase when submerged in water.

However, we print in Nylon Polyamide 12 which has a negligible dimensional increase (<2%) in water/oils even after prolonged submersion.

Nylon is hygroscopic. It will absorb water and swell.
I was going to say we avoid nylon in any device that is going through the autoclave for this reason. Ultem and radel for reprocessables, but hard to print these thermosets. I bet a couple % water absorption will only give a "more secure" fit on the pump and shouldn't be cracking any parts.

That is correct - however, only Nylon 6 and 6/6 have about a 5-10% dimensional increase when submerged in water.

However, we print in Nylon Polyamide 12 which has a negligible dimensional increase (<2%) in water/oils even after prolonged submersion.
Didn't know they offer Nylon 12 now. I remember when I 1st tried printing Nylon, the printer was spitting due to the water in the filament. I had to put the roll in a bucket full of dessicant.

Back