Kessil

Uhhhh... Black Ocellaris?!

Well I got these Ocellaris clowns from Aquarium Concepts about 7 months ago. When I got them they were a bright orange, but they slowly turned black. The male is almost completely black now and the female's body is shaded black. Are these black Ocellaris? They were sold to me as just Ocellaris for $15 each. They're both very healthy. Whats wrong with them? Sorry for the cloudy pics. I just dosed my tanks with Calcium...

Attached files /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_3666.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_3668.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_3670.JPG

It happens.

You most likely got them when they were quite young, in which they typically will have much brighter orange coloration. As they age however they do tend to get darker, hell my first fish was a Tomato Clownfish and was a nice orange, now it's almost black.

Well the black ocellaris I think are black when young, so in that regards I'd say no. However a black ocellaris is still an A.ocellaris, so physically its the same type of fish, just with different pigments.

Back