Jestersix

Vincent's Office tank

Didn't think I wanted an office tank but after seeing all the other tanks in the office, I've decided to get a tank in the office.

It is an Innovative Marine 150 EXT. Should be here next week.

48"X36"X20". I love the deep (front to back) dimension and it is an external overflow with a bean animal drain.
My 30" Trigger Tideline sump is probably too small for this tank.

Plan is for it to be an SPS heavy mixed reef.

Stock picture below for now.
Screen Shot 2021-02-09 at 12.47.54 PM.png

Constructing the stand.
IMG_5621.jpg

IMG_5625.JPG

Last edited:
Damn that is some office! I was thinking "Office tank... ok there's going to be a nano cube coming" but wow IM 150... as my younger hipper friends would said noice! (yeah I don't have any younger hipper friends)

I was going to reuse a 50g cube that's been floating around the office but figured if I'm going to setup a tank, lets just do it right. So I'm going to convert the cube into a planted tank. I'll start another tank journal for that one later.

That’s quite a tank and job you have. And at a company where so many others also have tanks and “50g cubes floating around”

This will be fun to watch!

Nice! Are you getting their stand? I just got the IM 30 and love the aps stand. I suggest watching their video for the setup since the instructions are just pictures and were somewhat confusing.

oh.. following for sure. i was looking at the one in white because its on sale, but afraid my floating foundation wont support it. im jelly.

That’s quite a tank and job you have. And at a company where so many others also have tanks and “50g cubes floating around”

This will be fun to watch!
All the sales and the engineering staff have tanks. All are hobbyists and have been in the hobby for a while. This is 1 of the differences between us and some of the other companies.

Still on sale! :)

i know its still on sale, i just checked it. unsure if my floating foundation can support it. havent crawled under the house to see where the perpendicular beams are located, but i know its somewhere near the middle of the living room where my current rsr350 is located. it is on the edge concrete support where the garage is and was told it can handle 2500lbs, but dont want to risk it without a second opinion.

Back