Neptune Aquatics

Water for a new tank.

The_Lazy_Reefer

Supporting Member
Hey, so I just purchased a new 75 gallon system with 30 gallon sump and my mixing capacity is only 20 gallons at a time which will accommodate my water change needs so I don’t want to upgrade that. Question is what’s the best way to get 100 gallons of water in 1 day without a legit water station? It would probably take me 3 days to fill the tank with my current setup

Going to aquatic collection and getting (20) 5 gallon buckets of sw just seems daunting and way more expensive than this should be so any advice is appreciated. TIA

I would take my time, 3 days is not that long. Mix-- fill, Mix--fill, Mix--fill. Better than lugging 20 jugs of water from the LFS. ouch! my back hurts just thinking about it.

If there isn't anything "live" in your tank (rock or sand) I'd just fill with RO water until you reach the desired level (i.e. leave space if you plan on adding live rock) and then dump your salt directly into the tank and turn all your pumps up to 11 and mix in situ, wouldn't do this if ANY type of sand live or otherwise though.

Back