Neptune Aquatics

What happened to Clyclopeeze?

I've tried googling but there is no clear answer. Cyclopeeze was the cat's meow years ago and then ... it disappeared. Anyone know the real scoop on what happened? I've heard that maybe the supply crashed (ie breeding tanks died or whatever) or it got too expensive to make so the price went up so demand dropped and then bankruptcy, etc, etc...

Or is it still around?

What's the story?

V

Stopped collecting it. There was some obscure collection point that one company had rights to, then they didn't. Something along those lines, I'm sure the details I have in my mind are way off, but it's what I got .

There is a different story I heard when it comes to the "brand" Cyclopeeze.
Not to be confused with the ingredient of Cyclopeeze.
The company is no longer around because... "word on the street" is the MAIN guy that created the original recipe of the freeze dried Cyclopeeze passed away. And, believe it or not, he was the only one in the company that knew the formulation. It was most likely a small "mom/pop" operation. So he literally took his Company secrets to the grave.

I'm sure with availability of cyclops running low. And no one having the formulation to produce the product. It all played factors in the company's demise.
Now that is the version I heard. I heard this MANY years ago from a main distributor of their ( cyclopeeze) product line.

Back