Cali Kid Corals

What is the longest you have ever kept coral out of water

Think a lot depends on the coral. I have some SPS that are pretty bullet proof and, as long as I don't leave them on the ledge of my tank and subject to the pounding of my halides, are fine after a couple of hours out of the water. Others more fickle ones though won't make it past an hour.

I have had montis, zoas, and LPS that I have totally forgotten about for several hours and were fine.

note: I wouldn't recommend makin this your usual habit but assume this question is related to a forgetful mistake.

yeah, a slight addition to the 14 hour bit, it was on the ledge while the halides were off, if they were on they most likely would have dried it to a crispy bit.

I tore down my small frag tank last year (or the year before, time flies), took out the eggcrate and rinsed it in tap water, since the tank and eggcrate collected so much poops they stink, so I put the eggcrate in the empty tank and put both of them out door overnight. It was pretty cold, and I think the night temperature was 50 something. The next morning, I saw a mini-carpet anemone on the eggcrate, alive. It is still in my nano tank today.

I had a toadstool leather that was left out for a full hour and it was fine. But based on previous posts, an hour is nothing!

Back