got ethical husbandry?

What past hobby do you miss?

Never was into too many hobbies in my life, but when I was young adult age I really liked the idea of model trains, just didn't have the artistic skill to make those setups look nice, so never went far, which in retrospect is probably a good thing because if you want to talk about a hobby that isn't cheap... whooboy! Also the cost of things, fast forward some 20 years and looking at similar things I remember, things went up in price more than Disneyland has!

Ultimate frisbee (too old and fat, not enough time)
Drums (too loud to play anywhere)
Playing ball with my dog (need a new one once new baby is potty trained)

I was really into car shows and used to go up and down the west coast all summer long. Fun days. Also really got into electric trains which I want to do again

Photography was a big hobby of mine during high school and college...even had my own dark room. Yes, I'm old so everything was analog back then. Now I see what one can do with a DSLR and lightroom...and wow...it would take me hours of exposures and work in the darkroom and still not even come close to what one can do now. So jealous of that.

A hobby I just recently re-kindled from my childhood is model trains. I think it's a bit of a dying hobby but, it has advanced a lot with digital electronics, and much better injection molding. And yes, to Mike @sfsuphysics' point, it can get expensive pretty quick. Because of the model trains, I've laid off the woodworking temporarily...which is probably just as well as I've run out of room to put the furniture. Figure I'll wait till my daughters make requests as they settle into being on their own.

One of my old hobbies was tournament paintball. I had so much stinking fun doing it.

The one I miss most though is motorcycles. I miss my 09 R1 and I miss laguna seca.

Comic/manga
Photography/cameras
Watches
Painting
Mechanical keyboard
Designer toys ( Dunny, kaws)
Sneakers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
I didn’t know we had some comic collectors in the group. My father in law died recently and we’ve been looking to sell his collection of comic books and toys.

One of my old hobbies was tournament paintball. I had so much stinking fun doing it.

The one I miss most though is motorcycles. I miss my 09 R1 and I miss laguna seca.
Lacuna sera is a fairly tough course. That corkscrew is a killer. Go into it too fast and you catch air and you can’t make the turn.

I didn’t know we had some comic collectors in the group. My father in law died recently and we’ve been looking to sell his collection of comic books and toys.

Lol, I have 2 boxes of comics sitting in the garage. Don’t think there are any collectibles in there. I do have a complete set of ‘Wolverine’ mini series in pretty good condition that is probably worth some bucks.

I miss flying RC the most. Wouldn’t mind getting back into cycling again (guess that’s a sport and not a hobby).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back