got ethical husbandry?

What sized conduit should I use for lighting box hanger? And what hanger cable?

I am thinking about using conduit to make a light box hanger. The light box will be 30"x30", and it will be made of wood and have a 250w MH, two 24" VHO, and 2 24" T5HO in it. I am thinking about using two conduit from HD, and am a little confused about what size I should use. 1/2" conduit looks pretty thick and sturdy to me, and the 3/4" conduit looks massive. So I am thinking about using the 1/2", but saw everywhere else people using 3/4". Anybody has experience with this? Is 1/2" going to be too weak?

Also I need 4 lines hanging off the conduits to hang the light box, and like to have something with clean nice look. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

yup 1/2 is weak.. use 3/4 Tong.. I have a pendant that I made using sheet metal which should to be lighter than wood and 1/2" can barely handle it..

Thanks Phong! I thought you said this somewhere, but couldn't find it anymore. Another thing, I hate to deal with the bender if I have a choice, and am thinking about just buy some pre-threaded conduits and elbows and endcaps to make the bends and cap the ends. Do you see any problem with this?

Yeah.. it doesn't look as cool LOL ... It should be fine. You can get the bender and return it after you done. It's really easy to do. Put something under it so it doesn't scratch so you can return it. :D

Back