High Tide Aquatics

What timer

I just wanted to be sure Marineland timers would be good for running a MH lamp? I don't want the timer to blow up on me or anything. My MH lamps are 150w. At what point (or wattage) might you consider using on those more "industrial" or "heavy duty" grade timers from Lowe's, or Home Depot?

And also -I discovered I left my MH lamp on from 5 p.m. yesterday all the way to 8 a.m. this morning. 15 hrs ... is this bad for the bulb or ballast in any way? There is nothing in the tank but salt water and dead rocks right now.

TIA!

I use the Intermatic Heavy Duty (it has a ground, the only difference between it and a regular timer), the basic unit with the red and green tabs.

I use Aube timers for the most part....

http://www.smarthome.com/4258W/Aube-7-Day-2400W-Timer-Countdown-Timer/p.aspx

They utilize a better connection point and last much longer then Intermatics. Sanjay recommended them to me :)

It's in wall. I make my own power stations using real stuff, not power strips and such :)

I'll see what I have prior to how it looks right now :) I took a tank down so I have double the amount of plugs as I need and it looks MASSIVE :)

Consider getting a used Reefkeeper. It's more money that the other timers, but if/ when you decide to add anything else you'll be covered, plus it looks better than a clunky timer. I got a used one for $100 and I've seen them sold for around that price.

Back