High Tide Aquatics

What's Your Day Job?

Hey all, I'm not sure if this topic has been started before (my search didn't return anything) but I wanted to start a fun thread where we could say what we do for a living and where we work. It would be interesting to know and perhaps we could help each other out somehow if any of us are unfortunately laid off or out of a job... it's all about networking after all. :)

I'll start off... I'm the IT Manager for a company called Mixbook. It's an online photo book, card, and calendar company where you can publish your works of art online for free and/or have them sent to your home at a market-leading rate. We also just recently announced a mobile app (Mosaic) that has been in the works for over 6 months and will be releasing more information in the months to come. At Mixbook, I lead the IT department of three in vision, direction, and management. We're always working on longer-term project in parallel with the day-to-day responsibilities. We definitely have our hands full over here. :)

So for those that would like to participate, what do you do for a living and where do you work? :)

Software engineer. I work for Oracle on the core libraries of Java with a side project of autonomous vehicle research with Audi/Stanford. I work from home 95% of the time with my tanks in the same room. :)

bondolo said:
Software engineer. I work for Oracle on the core libraries of Java with a side project of autonomous vehicle research with Audi/Stanford. I work from home 95% of the time with my tanks in the same room. :)
That sounds pretty cool.
I procur rooms for BAR meetings.

Self-employed Camino Co.: I buy and sell gold, silver, and platinum for investment purposes, physical delivery. Also buy and sell collectible coins, stamps, currency, and general memorabilia.

Shark-Laser developer and keeper of the ultimate question of life the universe and everything.
...and in my spare time, I build/design research/prototype instruments.

BAYMAC said:
I work on a cat ranch as a cat wrangler. Unfortunately this allows me no spare time :(

What does this involve exactly? If you don't mind me asking. I never thought I'd see an answer like that, so I am super curious. LoL makes me think of a dairy farm almost, but you go in suited up in Kevlar to to pull a cat out LOL

I am a senior customer support rep for Mixbook, more specifically, a Senior Print Quality Analyst. That means I get to review peoples' books and fix any potential text cut offs, bleed issues, etc. Let's just say that Valentine's Day is the most interesting day of the year. Hahaha xD

I just started going to SJSU commuting with Denzil and I hung out at the office when class was out. They jokingly offered me a job back in October '10 and I sent in my app, did the whole interview process and got the job in November. As far as jokes go, it's been the longest lasting one.

I am going to school for Corporate Financial Management, but will probably go back to school after May's graduation to get my state license to become a veterinarian technician. Working with animals is my first love.

Paramedic for the San Francisco Fire Dept. I'm NOT a firefighter.....work on the big red ambulance and LOVE it. Been on an ambulance since I was 18......Never had a REAL job. LOL! ;)

Back