Neptune Aquatics

Whitespotted Pygmy Filefish

MolaMola

Supporting Member
Anybody have any experience with the whitespotted pygmy filefish? I saw it on LiveAquaria when my class was browsing corals they would like. It is not the aiptasia eater I've seen people talk about and it doesn't say it eats inverts. Stays 3" small, has nice swim motion and may respond to people. It has a funny and cute appearance that could go well with fish I am considering.
https://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+1500+5141+3470&pcatid=3470

its similar to mine that does eat aiptasia. Do you have some you want eaten? its a pretty lazy peaceful fish or my flow is to high for
File Fish.jpg
it. Do you want to borrow it?

I have no aiptasia. Just think it would be fun in the tank and stays small. I'm not inclined to putting large or far-swimming fish in 4' tank.

I too dig the way filefish move/buzz around and encourage you to get one. I got this guy (as I’m sure you can tell, I’m a pro photographer) a week ago from Ed @ClearWaterAquarium and am enjoying him greatly (when I can see him). He blends in so much, I’ll scower the tank looking for him only to notice he’s been right in front of me clocking me with those beady eyes the whole time). I forgot what kind he is, though certainly eating Aiptasia and would recommend to others Aiptasia or not.

Reach out to Ed, he had a few others kinds and colorations when I was there over the weekend; anecdotally, Ed has been great at getting special fish requests for me, so I’m certain he’d get you any kind you’d like.
36f24337fd3748c9e5c0112929113223.jpg
bfe18e6eeacd311b1d5e71df1ef5ef64.jpg
f94a7706f39f3fde14825d575addef8e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back