Cali Kid Corals

Who Wants Free Chaeto?

Trimmed the refugium Chaeto today, who wants a free bag of the stuff call me for pickup in SF near 18th Street & Mission. It's mostly the fine floss Chaeto with a small ball of the coarse stuff as well, grapefruit sized in a 4" X 7" plastic fish bag. No hitchhikers as far as I can tell but you should do a freshwater dip and check for Aiptasia. I don't have PM on here so call me instead and leave a voicemail or text! Four 1 5 seven two two 8 1 seven seven.

jT415Gz,

Did you notice the previous post was 7 months old? Benaminh hasn't posted anything in the last 16 weeks. Probably got snatched up by aliens and is now living on Caprica. :)

haha yeah i knew but i thought "you never know" and so he replied "yes"; plus who knows, I might get to finally see an alien in real life.

Jeff, how's the Chaeto working out for you?

CookieJar, thanks for the head's up, I shop there all the time. Good to know.

Aqua-nut, you calling me a cylon sympathizer?

If anyone else on BAR wants FREE Chaeto text me since I'm not on here consistently. Turn around time is anywhere between one to three weeks.

We are working on that. If the $10 you'd save is a huge dealbreaker maybe you can get me to give you a frag to makeup for it. Trust me, the members only swap will be worth it!

I am what my wife generously dubs "value conscious" - always looking to stretch a dollar! :bigsmile: That said, I consider my membership dues to BAR to be one of the best bargains I get all year, and would gladly donate five times more our current dues for membership.

Benaminh - it is not my intention to single you out, but since the topic of dues has come up in this thread, I just want to express my sentiments:

For me, the greatest aspect of BAR is the support of like-minded persons in the club who are constantly aspiring to improve their husbandry skills and become better, more responsible reefkeepers, help fellow hobbyists, and have fun doing it. :D Pro-rated membership fees have not been implemented due to some technical challenges (and we are a volunteer organization, after all), but if you see value in the resources the club provides, we do encourage you to become a due-paying member of this community. You are obviously very civic-minded with your generous offer of chaeto to the forum, and the club would do well to have you!

BAR has instituted a membership fee so that we can focus less on fundraising, and more on the goal of promoting ethical husbandry and propagation of marine organisms. Your membership fees go toward:
- This forum!
- A regular meeting location
- Expert keynote speakers
- Events such as the upcoming visit to the Romburg Tiburon Center and Breeding and Propagation Workshop

Please let me know if you have any questions or feedback - I would be glad to discuss this in more detail with you. :)

Thanks, no Doppelgangers here! Best way to reach me is the # above, I don't have PM's yet... keep on forgetting to pay dues Jan1 and too cheap to do it now. Wish it was prorated $10 for 6 months. Oh well.

Coral reefer said:
We are working on that. If the $10 you'd save is a huge dealbreaker maybe you can get me to give you a frag to makeup for it. Trust me, the members only swap will be worth it!

Mike, thanks for the offer, I will have to take you up on it. Do you have any purple or red montipora digitata or capricornis?

Back