High Tide Aquatics

Will BTAa and a clam survive under only blue lights? I want to shut off the whites to control algae.

So, since all my fish are gone, and I've only got BTAs and a maxima clam, I've decided to try and rid my tank of algae before any attempt at restocking with anything. (Well, I threw snails in there).
I was wondering if I shut the white component of my lights off and just go pure blue...would this harm the anemone or clam?

Without the fish, there is no more tank feeding and fish poop, so I'm hoping the blue only lights will be the edge I need to get the tank under control again (aiptasia not withstanding). Rocks without BTAs attached will likely get pulled and dried (after I've harvested juicy aiptasias for JVU's berghias!)

V

Pretty sure algae will grow under blue lights too :)

Way back in the day, I had a frag tank under nothing but ATi Blue Plus T5s, not near a window or anything else, and it grew algae just fine (not wanted)

I had only 470nm blue light over my tank for a month or two and second what @sfsuphysics said. It’ll still grow algae. I’ve even seen some reefers use blue for their refugiums. With all the fish gone nutrients should lower and the algae may solve itself?

Back