Neptune Aquatics

Woohoo, first DSLR

So I've been shooting off and on for the past 6-8 years on a Nikon FM2. The GF finally got tired of me whining about buying film, developing it, etc and got me a Canon XS for my birthday a few days ago. Gotta love her. Anywhosit, it was the kit with a 18-35 lense (I think).

I've never been so into photo that I bothered to really learn much about focal length, etc. I know the basics of Fstops, ISO and shutter speed and thats about it. So yeah, I'm just stoked about finally having a DSLR so I can bracket w/out being on a budget. Any tips on using it etc? I'm reading the manual and I'm a fast learner, so I'll figure out most of it. But any special tips/tricks you can do w/ a DSLR vs a standard SLR would be appreciated.

Also, anyone know where to get an adapter so I can use the lenses from my Nikon? Ex: I have a Nikkor 105mm macro that I would love to use digitally. Screw auto focus etc, I have a tripod so I just need to be able to mount it. Anyways, HOORAY!!

That would be kewl if that was the case.. I've never seen anything that would convert a nikon lens to a canon or vice a versa.. I'd buy one for sure if they did though :) There are a couple of Canon lenses I'd love to have :)

They do make an adaptor for it. A quick look at B&H Photo gave me this find.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/197094-REG/Novoflex_EOS_NIK_Lens_Adapter_Nikon_to.html
Not very inexpensive. But depending on how much the lens cots it might be worth it.

Hmmm kinda interesting.. It doesnt' allow any kind of auto metering or autofocus right? I guess for macro work it wouldn't matter...

Soo, we both decided it would be for the better to return the Canon and go with a Nikon. Ended up picking up a D40 instead with an 18-55 and 55-200 for less than the XS kit with one lense. And to top it off, my 105mm mounts perfectly and shoots just fine (guess and check with exposure though :) ) Look forward to pics flooding in.

Back