Reef nutrition

World of WarCraft

Anyone plays World of WarCraft? Is this game made to play on the Internet only or can you play it solo? Sorry for the goofy question.

Online only as Dave says.

FFXI is available for Xbox 360 now - my only deterrent is Sony's PlayOnline

FFXII is my game of choice at the moment!

Eileen, what is FFXI? Is it Final Fantasy?

Dave do you play WOW?

I installed it last night, not realizing that it was only an on-line game and can't return the D@$M game, and tried to play it last night. But, it's telling me that I can't play. I thought the game came with a 30 day trial period w/o subscribing.

I guess I'll call Blizzard's tech support and verify that I come with a 30 trail period of on-line playing.

[quote author=To-Arbitrate link=topic=1692.msg15567#msg15567 date=1170796510]
Eileen, what is FFXI? Is it Final Fantasy?

Dave do you play WOW?

I installed it last night, not realizing that it was only an on-line game and can't return the D@$M game, and tried to play it last night. But, it's telling me that I can't play. I thought the game came with a 30 day trial period w/o subscribing.

I guess I'll call Blizzard's tech support and verify that I come with a 30 trail period of on-line playing.

[/quote]

I wish I had time to play WOW! There is supposed to be a 30 day trial though, should be a card with an activation code - It will still want your credit card so when the 30 day trial finishes you get auto charged, so you have to cancel the subscription when you are done..

I tried the Ultima Online game when it came out, having loved the ultima games from my past (and requiring not much in the way of computing power to run :)). All I can say is "emersion" with 'real people' isn't all that it's cracked up to be, I had to spend so much fricking time doing innane tasks just to get enough money to do something that I wondered why I was paying some company to play this, although I did get 1 month free trial. At no time did I feel like a "hero" or any other central part of a story line because quite frankly there was no story line.

I'm hoping those types of games have advanced a bit more than that, because I can't imagine how people can get so addicted to those games.

In the mean time I usually play those free web/flash games that are fun for a few minutes at a time because there's too much crap out there and not enough free time to play. Although when Spore comes out I will be finding time for that.

FFXII = Final Fantasy 12 - stand-alone PS2
FFXI = Final Fantasy 11 - online only - PS2, Xbox 360 (not sure if it is available for 360), and PC

OK... don't really care for the on-line gaming - good graphics though. Anyone interested on this game? How about a trade for a frag....? ???

Warcraft 3 is awesome albeit a bit dated from a few years ago. The story line is pretty awesome if you have followed Warcraft from its infancy days back in Win 95 days.

I still have all of the WarCraft CD's and StarCraft. WarCraft 3 was good. But, I think StarCraft was better - JMO. I wish Blizzard would produce a new StarCraft.

Any other game out there that's simillar to WarCraft / StarCraft that are good?

I can't play online. I will die really fast LOL ..
got AOE new version?? I love that game. I used to play with my friend 5-6 years ago. I think it was AOE II. I think there is a newer version but I haven't play these games for 3-4 years so I don't know for sure. The only thing I play now is popcap games ;D .. I love free games 8) :D

Back