Cali Kid Corals

Wouldn't it be good if threads had tags

Coral reefer

Past President
Just had an idea! If we had tags on our threads sort of like reef builders does it would make finding related threads easy. As we all know, threads here go WAY off topic, and sometimes great info can be found in weird threads a few pages in. Don't know jack about computer stuff or how it coil be done, so yeah I can't volunteer to do this, but hey, I'm an idea man.

How is that any different then using the search feature? It looks for whar ever keyword you want.

A little different in that I thought search feature had been disabled, so I've never used it. Also, it would make it easy to continue reading about similar topics rather than jump from
New post to new post like I always do. Just seems like if you watch a utube video, at the end related videos pop up, and I think that it would be cool to see other threads containing similar info pop up after reading one. If I check out a swap thread, maybe some info is in a different but related thread, and maybe I don't see all the info, but think I've gotten it all already. Dunno, maybe it worthless or not feasible. Just an idea, not all of which are good.
Personally I like how when I read an article on reef builders at the end there are links to any related articles and I can continue along The same line of reading without having to search again

I'm not sure if it is a good or bad idea, however, if you want to impliment a new feature onto the forums, I'd encourage you to take the time to see if there is a Drupal module that could even make it happen. I'm sure that the code could manually be written, but Erin isn't paid enough for too much overtime :p

Coral reefer said:
A little different in that I thought search feature had been disabled, so I've never used it. Also, it would make it easy to continue reading about similar topics rather than jump from
New post to new post like I always do. Just seems like if you watch a utube video, at the end related videos pop up, and I think that it would be cool to see other threads containing similar info pop up after reading one. If I check out a swap thread, maybe some info is in a different but related thread, and maybe I don't see all the info, but think I've gotten it all already. Dunno, maybe it worthless or not feasible. Just an idea, not all of which are good.
Personally I like how when I read an article on reef builders at the end there are links to any related articles and I can continue along The same line of reading without having to search again
Those links are manually placed on Reef Builders by them. They don't get auto tagged.

Look to the left menu for the search feature. If it was deactivated I highly suspect it would not be there.

http://www.bareefers.org/home/search

Google site search is also very easy to use:

http://www.google.com/sitesearch/#utm_campaign=en&utm_source=en-ha-na-us_ca-sk&utm_medium=ha&utm_term=site%20search

Back