Cali Kid Corals

Yellow polyped Tonga Acro

Mr. Ugly

Past President
DSCN1640.jpg

I can make 2 frags of of this purple tip with yellow polyp Acro. This one originally came from Tonga in some of the early shipments that Jim sent over. I think that would have been around October or so of 2005.

I'm blasting this one with a 250w 20k Radium. The coral is under about an inch of water, with the light down very low. I started doing that in my prop tank after checking out what Hunter(Lucky Goldfish) was doing with his corals.

Who do I want to get this frag? LMK if:

- you are a BAR, MARS, SEABay, CVR, NVR, RARE, etc member.
- you will post frags of your own cool(whatever that mean to you) coral on this forum for propping.
- you are good with SPS.
- you agree to frag to at least 1 other person for free before trading etc.
- you can pick it up from me at a BAR meeting or in Alameda.
- and preferably can post growth pics to this thread periodically.

I'll figure some way to pick a name. If your name doesn't get picked, maybe you can get one of the next batch/generation of frags? :)

Targeted tank parameters:

Alk 3.45 meq
Ca 430 ppm
Mg 1350 ppm
pH 8.3
s.g. 1.025
temp 76 (Tonga temps :D )

Haha... one of my non-reefin friends says that the frag tank reminds her an old fashioned candy store because of all the little goodies lined up :D

Mr Ugly ... I would love to have a piece, my tank have lots of light and lot of current :D :D, but I havent had anything "unique" to give away yet so if you dont have enough then please give me low priority.

my tank parameter

cal 420
alk 7-8
mag 1350
tank size 210, with 85 gal fuge, 40 gal sump
water change every two weeks
lights 250 wat halide, parallel with 150 watt halide supplement with VHO actinics
temp 77-80
ph 8.3
flow ... moderate to high
SPS are growing like crazy :D :D

hey dudley.. :)

if you are asking about my water temp i generally keep around 77-78 winter/78-79/80 summer.. but my question was more wondering about normans' as i don't think he passed these out on the DBTC yet.. just wondering as i got a yellow skin acro a few months back (different than this tongan), shifted to key lime green.. just wondering if yellow is a relatively harder color to maintain..

Ok, how about Perry and Northbay(thanks for posting your tank info) for the first two, and we'll see how it goes?

Kenzo, the polyps are yellow, and the body is yellowish with areas of green. Pretty much like in the pic.

It was a pretty big piece, but I had fragged it down to mostly a stump and stuck it in the frag tank.

Hard to tell on color, but so far this is what has come back.

sounds nice norman, i'll wait for the second gen.. other than the yellow porites i haven't found much thats more yellow skin than green.. ;D

Ops. I actually got the blue green tenius and not the yellow polyps tonga acro. But Norman PM me that he'll bring the YPTA to the June meeting.

-perry

Hehe... they are going to be fresh cut. Didn't have room to spread out a bunch of loose frags :D

Besides, if I grew it out for you, that would defeat the purpose of you being a DBTC farmer :D

Back