got ethical husbandry?

Your guilty pleasure

I think all of reef keeping is a guilty pleasure. But I want to know your guiltiest.

Did you buy a bounce mushroom for over 1000$?
Did you not go out on a Friday night to meet some friends because it's your coral feeding day?
Etc.

As for myself, I haven't purchased anything coral super expensive yet. Although I did purchase a 200$ sps frag pack (which about 33% sadly died because my tank isn't ready for acropora/milipora). I am very close to considering buying a 120$ ricordea though. Must fight the urge. Those things are beautiful.

My biggest splurge coral wise so far are the new additions. The rainbow trachy, Warpaint scoly n bleeding Apple scoly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I drank a PBR once! :p

The worst so far has been honestly the SSC i picked up from neptune aquatics so honestly not bad.

I AM thinking about a nice SPS pack from battlecorals though, so I may be back!

Flame tip anemone 370$

Showed up looking like SHET! Im so mad.

Suppose to get a replacement nem soon. So much money and stress for something that might wander around my tank stinging everything to death.

Be careful with wild ricordea! Theyre known to just die! 90% of the time I only buy ricordea if it has been in captivity for at least 3 weeks.

Last edited:
Flame tip anemone 370$

Suppose to get a replacement nem soon. So much money and stress for something that might wander around my tank stinging everything to death.

Ugh :-/ That sucks. I've had too many bad experiences buying anything mail order - I only buy things locally where I can see them first and make sure they're healthy these days.

Yeah 95% time I only buy local. You can find SUPER NICE corals locally at the Fish Stores and from hobbyists just gotta be on the hunt.

I know how to take coral pictures so I know all the tricks to make them POP and be attractive to customers soooo I dont trust online vendors most of the time. Theres a good chance it wont show up lookin exactly like the picture.

If you can see it in person before buying, take advantage of that.

The flame tip nem has been around for years so people can attest to its true appearance, which is why i bought and its hard to find locally.

Flame tipped bubble anemone looks pretty cool. Although, for me right now, even the rose one looks pretty similar.
Thanks for the tip about ricordea, i also read online that most of them don't make it (especially the yuma). The one I was referring to was one from neptune from about a month ago. Not sure if they still have it but we might head there this weekend to have a look around.

redplate.jpg

Red Fungia from reefkoi years ago. Died in my Kalk crash.

$345.

I kept that skeleton in my tank for almost four years... :confused:

Flame tip anemone 370$

Be careful with wild ricordea! Theyre known to just die! 90% of the time I only buy ricordea if it has been in captivity for at least 3 weeks.

Who did you buy it from? I'm looking at a colorado or inferno Nems right now.

Coral collection sells inferno nems.

If you have access to a sunburst nem, I would get that over a flametip/inferno.

Someone on rc is selling sunburst nems ask around.

Back