Reef nutrition

Zeovit

Just curious who else here use zeovit method?
I can get their products at a discount now days cause I place semi bulk buys. If anyone want, let me know.

Last edited:
Reactions: JVU
i use kz additives as in, zeobak, coral booster, sponge power, etc. I don’t use their Zeo method as in the rocks and shaker thingy.
Their products are very good in my openion. I know multiple ppl using the products without the zeolite and reactor, but I have never tried it. I think zeolite and reactor case on the initial phase and shorten it by alot(I add all kind of sps at 2 to 3 weeks of mew setup) but I think if system mature you can get away with not using the zeolite.
How often do u dose?
Where do you buy your products?
I used to by from BRS but then found a place where I buy their products almost at 50% discount which saved me alot. Used to drop alot of $$ a month buying from BRS..

Last edited:
I’m a first time user of the stuff. But, I am a firm believer that whatever they are putting in those little bottles is definitely working on the health & color of the corals. I started dosing the stuff about 4 months ago and the corals are really starting to come into there own. The tank has never looked better. Some of the stuff I dose daily, and some of it I dose 2x a week. The current batch I’m using I bought from BRS.

I add all kind of sps at 2 to 3 weeks of mew setup)

This is such a hotly contested and debated topic, but here’s my two cents. It’s not the additives, it’s the reefer. Experience with a newly cycled tank and how to address issues without overdoing it or underdoing it when the uglies come is what let’s you add sps in 2-3 weeks. I don’t dose anything and I do the same thing, throw in acros as soon as rock is cycled and I manage to survive.

This is such a hotly contested and debated topic, but here’s my two cents. It’s not the additives, it’s the reefer. Experience with a newly cycled tank and how to address issues without overdoing it or underdoing it when the uglies come it what let’s you add sps in 2-3 weeks. I don’t dose anything and I do the same thing, throw in acros as soon as rock is cycled.
Agreed randy, but its also the method which the reefer choose. Zeovit is one such...

Agreed randy, but its also the method which the reefer choose. Zeovit is one such...

More than one way to skin a cat - completely agree. There are plenty of successful tanks that are run a multitude of different ways. I just hate it when people spew the the whole concept of a “mature tank” and sometimes attribute that to why some people are not successful or tell reefers not to get X, Y or Z until your tank is 6 or 12 months old.

I'll follow along. Was planning to Give KZ additives a try.
If you do try them out, don’t expect miracles over night. Most people I have talked to all told me to give the additives a minimum of 6 months use before making a decision to stick with it or stop dosing.
It hasn’t even been 6 months for me and I can tell something is happening to the corals. So I have decided to stick with KZ for now. I’m a happy customer.

If you do try them out, don’t expect miracles over night. Most people I have talked to all told me to give the additives a minimum of 6 months use before making a decision to stick with it or stop dosing.
It hasn’t even been 6 months for me and I can tell something is happening to the corals. So I have decided to stick with KZ for now. I’m a happy customer.
I personally do not advice to use the system without the zeolite.
Some of their products can be used for none full zeovit system, but some are not suppose to be used without the zeolite.
Just for the record.

More than one way to skin a cat - completely agree. There are plenty of successful tanks that are run a multitude of different ways. I just hate it when people spew the the whole concept of a “mature tank” and sometimes attribute that to why some people are not successful or tell reefers not to get X, Y or Z until your tank is 6 or 12 months old.
Hmm. I did not mean that in my earlier response.
One thing that I can attest to, with zeovit it was the fastest that the tank "call it what you like" ready for sps.
I I add most my sps between day 14 and day 30...
While in any other method I have tried I couldnot do that. That was my point..
I, like you, do not agree with these statements of putting number of months as a condition for a tank..its all about being informed and aware of where your system stand to support inhabitants..

Last edited:
Btw, if there is interest, I am willing to spend some time to explain the zeovit method and go over how to set such system, in fresh tank or mature tanks.
Although the best success when adopting zeovit is from the start of a tank. Common problems can occur when switching a mature tank to zeovit, but all manageable..

I think one of the reasons you can start adding livestock so quickly to a zeovit system is that the zeolites (I think that’s the name of the rocks you shake) absorb ammonia. So even if the tank isn’t fully cycled the way we normally think of it, the zeolites takes care of any ammonia produced by fish in the system.

I was thinking of doing zeovit with my last tank but didn’t want to be a slave to dosing every day. We travel periodically and I wasn’t sure how I’d manage the dosing while I was gone.

I think one of the reasons you can start adding livestock so quickly to a zeovit system is that the zeolites (I think that’s the name of the rocks you shake) absorb ammonia. So even if the tank isn’t fully cycled the way we normally think of it, the zeolites takes care of any ammonia produced by fish in the system.

I was thinking of doing zeovit with my last tank but didn’t want to be a slave to dosing every day. We travel periodically and I wasn’t sure how I’d manage the dosing while I was gone.
Once you get the hang of it, it's not bad at all. I travel alot and one thing I realized is that, no matter what, you need someone to visit your tank at least once a day, if so, dosing 1 or 2 bottles a day is not a big deal..
With zeovit, you can simplify it and dose minimum during travels.
I personally like the dosing of separate elements, I feel more in tune with the system.
now they also have tablets that you drop in the sump and forget once a month.....

I’ve got plans for about a 300 gallon tank. How much would it cost me per year to do zeo?
Oh man I said I'll help explain the method not do your taxes lol.
Spending depend on how you run the system and how much you want to control. Similar to any other way of reefing..

So what’s like the bare minimum?
Bare min will be
zeolite stones 1 to 1.5 bag every 8 weeks(in a reactor)
zeobac 1drop per 25g twice a week
zeostart 1ml per 100g daily
Zeofood 1 drop per 25g 2 times a week.
Activated carbon
No gfo
No fug
This will take care of the nutrients export system and mantain your nutrients level to your target.

Last edited:
You say it will take care of the nutrient export but don’t you still do water changes?
Ofcourse you do.
You are asking me targeted questions and maybe the context is getting lost.
If there is interest I can help explain the method in a complete manner. Beyond that, you can ready the literature that is available.
This method is not for everyone that's for sure. So, learning its details is important before adapting..

Last edited:
Back