Our mission

ZOA Pox?

Well, I think I see some ZOA Pox on one of my small colony’s of zoas.
rLdDcOu.jpg

I also have a small frag of ring of auroras that’s been closed for a while and I can’t figure out what’s wrong with that.
dpsz8vp.jpg

fFsooAZ.jpg

I’ve never kept many zoas until recently when my wife decided she wanted to collect some nice ones. So I have zero experience with zoa pests or diseases.

Should I set up my 12g bio cube as a quarantine for an the zoas I have or just dip the ones that look bad? The main problem is that some are mounted on pieces of live rock and I dont want to kill off the whole rock if I don’t have to.

Or just dip the ones that look bad and hope for the best? What should I dip with? I’ve read furan 2 for ZOA pox

Separate quarantine with all your zoas placed in it is necessary because the treatment with Furan2 is pretty aggressive and must be performed for a few days. Regular coral dip won't do any good. You may still lose some heads but if it's not too bad yet you may save more than half.

Ok. Do you think it’ll kill off all the bacteria in the rocks?

We found more on some good looking colonies as well. Id say the majority of our zoas look fine, but I’m scared they are all going to get infected.

Ok. Do you think it’ll kill off all the bacteria in the rocks?

We found more on some good looking colonies as well. Id say the majority of our zoas look fine, but I’m scared they are all going to get infected.

Which is why the only way it works is to pull all Zoas or it will spread. And yes it will kill off the bacteria in the rocks, but that's not a huge issue. Grab a bottle of Dr. Tims One and Only before you put the rocks back and you'll be fine.

Back