Cali Kid Corals

Inkbird

The latest video they did about what went wrong in the brs 160 is one example how edits and hiding the truth to boost sales work.
Multiple things they admited it failed but they did not say it for years, so whoever see these episods will do the same mistakes..do not you think it was ingenion not saying these thing until 4 years later?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Btw am not saying all their videos are bad. Honestly am just advocating for the importance of doing your research and not just believe someone because they show a pic or video.
In forums you will see some swear with a method then they show a heavily edited pic of a coral close up, but if you dig deeper or follow the user you realize some times that they are amateur or intermediate reefers, their system full with problems and some times asking a question ad simple as what is GHA...
Yet you see their claims and convictions so strong.
Its dangerous to follow someone advice if you are not 100% sure of their systems.
Otherwise just do your own research and get data from other refers as supporting evidence not as the ultimate answer...

Last edited:
Personally I think the episode a few back where they had Randy do the investigates on the algae scrubbers was their “jump the shark” as it was rather lackluster and obviously a paid endorsement spot which is not their style or at least used to be.

Personally I think the episode a few back where they had Randy do the investigates on the algae scrubbers was their “jump the shark” as it was rather lackluster and obviously a paid endorsement spot which is not their style or at least used to be.
I felt the same about many..honestly many of their videos.
Did you see their vibrant "interview"?

I did and that one felt just as weird. Like nothing was actually factual just hella anecdotal jargon being thrown around
But guess what..many ppl jumped the wagon citing brs. Although as you very much rightfully said the whole video was not factual and a mash up of unsubstantiated claims and BS ha ha

Last edited:
But guess what..many ppl jumped the wagon citing brs. Although as you very much rightfully said the whole video was not factual and a mash up if unsubstantiated claims and BS ha ha

I saw multiple tanks crash on forums and social media due to dosing vibrant. Like maybe it works for bubble algae but it could also nuke half of your tank.

I saw multiple tanks crash on forums and social media due to dosing vibrant. Like maybe it works for bubble algae but it could also nuke half of your tank.
Yet you see these reviews buried under the massive reviews on R2R of people swearing of the product to cure everything lile magic. Follow some of these users and you see they run a small tank or couppe of zoas and lps that look aweful. I have yet to see someone who have used the product to cure something on a sticked reef and reported long term success..
Vibrent became one of those things where ppl will advocate for their made up recipes of over dosing to cure stuff lile dino and gha..I am like man, if that is true why you think the vibrent vendor did not advice such overdosing to cure something ad common now days as dino lol...
Crazy industry...

Agreed. Most people giving advice have ugly tanks, and little experience. That’s why I only hang out on this site.
I kid you not same reason for me. Fills here are more measured and experienced. I feel I can learn more valuable lessons here every week. That's why I like to ask questions and trigger discussions. High quality reaponces and fun talks.

That's what am doing, but ultimately the inkbird is what control the heater and chiller which means it will be the bottle neck of the swing isnot it?
As I said am trying to avoid switching on off he controller outlet frequently. So the outlet will switch off only if something wet bad lile more than 3 degree variations. But switching heating and cooling elements is done by the inkbird. If I have to still switch on off the conteoller outlet then I do not need the inkbird cause ghl probs are solid.

I use two stage ranco controllers. Have never failed me and have stayed consistent for the last 3 years. Precision is only in whole degrees, but that never bothered me and it does require a little DIY wiring. But they’re a solid product.

Cheapest price I have found is at supplyhouse.com.

They also have a two stage in a NEMA 4 enclosure, but it’s overkill I think.

I use two stage ranco controllers. Have never failed me and j
Oh thank you for that. Never heared of it but will look it up and get ine to try. After this discussion I did more research and look like concenses on inkbird is bad if I look hard enough ha ha..
Thanks agai

@RandyC why the 2 stage? My brains not working tonight.

Either two heaters or a heater and a fan/chiller. They can be toggled based on different set points or a delta from the same temperature set point.

That's why am asking. Look like this product original intent is for beer making.. but so is inkbird btw

It’s original purpose was as a thermostat a for refrigerators or other similar commercial use.

You can buy ranco units that have waterproof titanium probes, but they’re usually around 2x the cost. You can use a heat shrink wrap or what I do is put the probe in a plastic tube and fill the ends with silicone caulking. I should mention that while not submersible and Ranco does say they are not so, many have done it without a problem.

Last edited:
Back