got ethical husbandry?

Ever thought of having a Yelp type rating for our LFS section?

GreshamH said:
[huh?
I think you read something I didn't post then as I didn't say they weren't worthy of being a sponsor Roc, only I feel there is one store not worthy of our forums :) I didn't imply anything, nor did I mean anything other then that, but thanks for the post :)

The LFS list has all the stores, even the one I don't think should be associated with this club in any manor. I bet had you simply went to the resources and entered the store on the list nothing would have been said. IMO that list would be exactly where a rating or check box would be listed, not on the forums themselves. That would get messy very quickly.

ohhh OK so your saying the reason the thread was deleted was becuase it wasn't in the right section?

That may be true since I tend to post in the wrong sections often....

Either way I was just trying to add my .02 which I did.

I like to add .03 just so if it doesn't work out I can ask for .01 back :)

Roc said:
I posted about a store, and some great things going on there. Thread was deleted. PM was sent to me (this was back when I was a paying member and had PM's) saying "your thread was deleted as BAR like to only allow sponsers to use the site for showcasing or advertising".

That post was a long stock list of items for sale along with prices.

It wouldn't be fair to our sponsors keep that post for a non-supporting LFS, even if it wasn't intended to be an advertisement for a huge sale.

IMO, it wouldn't be a problem to post, "I stopped by xyz-nonsponsor. They had a bunch of cool chalices. And the owners were very friendly, knowledgeable, and customer service oriented."

Mr. Ugly said:
Roc said:
I posted about a store, and some great things going on there. Thread was deleted. PM was sent to me (this was back when I was a paying member and had PM's) saying "your thread was deleted as BAR like to only allow sponsers to use the site for showcasing or advertising".

That post was a long stock list of items for sale along with prices.

It wouldn't be fair to our sponsors keep that post for a non-supporting LFS, even if it wasn't intended to be an advertisement for a huge sale.

IMO, it wouldn't be a problem to post, "I stopped by xyz-nonsponsor. They had a bunch of cool chalices. And the owners were very friendly, knowledgeable, and customer service oriented."

I think you must be talking about someone else post, mine was actualy about a sale at LGF that will was offering huge discounts, no prices or corals listed................

I see the post as well. Roc, just FYI no posts are actually deleted. They are just moved to a place where only BOD members can see them.

I don't think we are talking about the same thing, unless I was really really really high when I put up the post. (very likely)

Maybe you guys can see the one where I mentioned a sale Will was throwing..........Or don't cuz I guess after what gresh said awhile back, it really doesn't matter as this would done a different way

I like the check box idea. Instead of rating the quality of the products, you could answer yes or no questions about what the store had a lot of and not a lot of in stock. Something like this...

Good stock of zoas & palys? [yes] [no]
Good stock of LPS? [yes] [no]
Good stock of SPS? [yes] [no]
Good stock of softies? [yes] [no]
What was your favorite item in stock? (example) [Purple Hornet Zoanthids]
What was your favorite thing about this store? (example) [Amazing service and great selection of corals]

This way you could find which store had more of what you are looking for without giving bad feedback about service or other stuff that could effect their business. There could be one in every sponsor forum so that the sponsors aren't compared to each other and you can figure out which store to go to for what you're looking for. Just an idea.

Not a big deal, Roc.

Any one post isn't all that big a deal. It's just that we've worked hard over several years to guide the growth of the club and forums.

We've also limited our B/S/T forums to members only, and we try to let our sponsors feel that they get back some value for supporting our club.

I think we can see a big difference in the topic and quality of posts between here and on our previous forum on RC. And we try to be very careful to maintain that value for our members and sponsors.

Euphyllia said:
This way you could find which store had more of what you are looking for without giving bad feedback about service or other stuff that could effect their business. There could be one in every sponsor forum so that the sponsors aren't compared to each other and you can figure out which store to go to for what you're looking for. Just an idea.

No need to censor yourself. Just lay it out.

If you like the store, say so. If you got bad service, say so. If you wanted a cool fish and found it there, say so. If you don't go to that store because they never stock what you're looking for, say so too.

Everybody has their own experiences and opinions.

Euphyllia said:
Instead of rating the quality of the products, you could answer yes or no questions

Good stock of LPS?
[yes] [no]
Good stock of SPS?
[yes] [no]

I just liked how you said instead of rating quality, and then gave 3 examples of rating quality.....LOL

Roc said:
Euphyllia said:
Instead of rating the quality of the products, you could answer yes or no questions

Good stock of LPS?
[yes] [no]
Good stock of SPS?
[yes] [no]

I just liked how you said instead of rating quality, and then gave 3 examples of rating quality.....LOL

That isn't rating quality of corals. It is answering a yes/no question asking what the store had a good stock of. Good stock meaning many corals of that category.

Euphyllia said:
Roc said:
Euphyllia said:

Good stock of LPS?
[yes] [no]
Good stock of SPS?
[yes] [no]

That isn't rating quality of corals. It is answering a yes/no question asking what the store had a good stock of. Good stock meaning many corals of that category.

So if you walked into a LFS with 27 dead nems floating in their tanks you would answer Yes they had good stock?

Roc said:
So if you walked into a LFS with 27 dead nems floating in their tanks you would answer Yes they had good stock?

Not trying to make a personal attack in any way, but I find it rude when you reply with comments like this. Even though I have had many issues with anemones in the past, I found the problems and I haven't lost an anemone since then. I've had anemones for over a year and I can tell if one is dead. Again, not trying to make a personal attack, I just don't like your comments like that.

Euphyllia said:
Roc said:

Not trying to make a personal attack in any way, but I find it rude when you reply with comments like this. Even though I have had many issues with anemones in the past, I found the problems and I haven't lost an anemone since then. I've had anemones for over a year and I can tell if one is dead. Again, not trying to make a personal attack, I just don't like your comments like that.

Damn you read deep deep depp into my post.

I actually didn't intend to offend you regarding nems, but if you took it that way you must have some guilt about what you have done in the past.

Thats actualy good news as ppl are less likely to repeat mistakes they feel guitly about........

Back