got ethical husbandry?

Instant Ocean Cyclop-eeze sample

The sample in the goodie bag feels like a liquid or gel. Does anyone use Cyclop-eeze gel or freeze-dried?

How are you supposed to feed this? To corals or fish? Is it one big chunk and the fish nip at it... or do I feed through return or powerhead so it disintegrates into millions of pieces?

I only feed Sera pellet food (free sample, will go to Formula 1 after), I have Rod's food but never really saw the need just sitting in freezer. I have mixed sps/softy.

You can squirt it in front of a powerhead, smear it on a rock/ the glass, or just squeeze it into the tank.

I have the cyclopeeze frozen bar and tried the sample last night.

The sample is a gooey paste (think lumpy ketchup). I just added some tank water to it for dilution and used a turkey baster to drop it into different areas of the tank.

I found the sample to have bigger sized pieces than the frozen bar.

For comparison, the frozen bar of cyclopeeze is kept in the freezer until I scrape a chunk off it, melt it in tank water and add it to the tank.

I have not tried the freeze dried cyclopeeze yet.

My fish didn't seem to have any different reaction to the sample compared to the frozen bar. They chow down on both versions just the same.

Back