Jestersix

Do you think keeping RBTA under PC is OK??

I like to keep RBTA under MH only or at least a lot of T5s but there are a lot of people saying they keep RBTA under PCs. It's funny that most of those people wondering why their RBTA looks like crap after a while. So who has success keeping RBTA under PCs for a long time (2 years plus)??

never tried it myself, but Lucky Goldfish in Oakland has had one in a stock biocube with a large maroon clown for some time, it looks pretty healthy too.

Cheers,

Josh

I'm pretty sure I've posted this up before. This is from awhile back (1999) while I was in college; 40g lighted with 2x96W PC bulbs.

a.jpg

Feed that sucker plenty. I was feeding it a cube of frozen food daily and that sucker grew from the size of a silver dollar to over 4" over the span of 2+ years.

Robin (fingerwrinkles) keeps several RBTAs under pc and they look great. I had my first RBTA under pc and it was very happy then I switched to MHs thinking it would do better and it did not. They dont need as much light as some people think. You can feed them more to make up for it.

Phong - you've seen that rbta when it used to have pc's and it was pretty large.

Now with that said it's also in a really big tank so lighting isn't the only factor in keeping them healthy

Back