Cali Kid Corals

DBTC: Unknown SPS

popper

Supporting Member
I just added Unknown SPS to DBTC.

There are 3 frag(s) available right now.

4e2faaabc9d78054feba383655d04586

Pick up in San Jose or Palo Alto.

This thread was automatically created by BARcode

Hey @popper I don’t know if I’m doing this wrong but my tri-color valida has become monocolor valida. Just like all my other acro it is now green. It’s encrusted quite a lot, just green

Hey @popper I don’t know if I’m doing this wrong but my tri-color valida has become monocolor valida. Just like all my other acro it is now green. It’s encrusted quite a lot, just green
It could be a few different things or a combination causing them to turn green.

Some things to look into (I'd start with the first one and work your way down)

1. PAR is insufficient. Usually colorful acros need very high PAR (and flow) for to thrive and develop and or keep these beautiful colorations.
2. Nutrients issue (usually too high). When nutrients are in abundance, corals commonly lose their bright and colorful colors and just turn green or brown.
3. Your light spectrum might have too much white/greens. In most cases, very heavy blues and very little to no white/yellow, red, and green spectrum will help bring out better colors in corals.

It could be a few different things or a combination causing them to turn green.

Some things to look into (I'd start with the first one and work your way down)

1. PAR is insufficient. Usually colorful acros need very high PAR (and flow) for to thrive and develop and or keep these beautiful colorations.
2. Nutrients issue (usually too high). When nutrients are in abundance, corals commonly lose their bright and colorful colors and just turn green or brown.
3. Your light spectrum might have too much white/greens. In most cases, very heavy blues and very little to no white/yellow, red, and green spectrum will help bring out better colors in corals.
I've been ramping my new light up from "very low" to a more reasonable amount to light acclimate, and have lowered my nutrients significantly. I will wait some months and cross my fingers then? I have some macros so I need a little whites, but I can lower that. Thank you for insight :)

I've been ramping my new light up from "very low" to a more reasonable amount to light acclimate, and have lowered my nutrients significantly. I will wait some months and cross my fingers then? I have some macros so I need a little whites, but I can lower that. Thank you for insight :)
It can take many months for them to color back up. Just keep all parameters stable and get in line to borrow a PAR meter as soon as you can.

Back