High Tide Aquatics

Top Shelf Aquatics didn’t charge sales tax on online order?

MarcosDelgado0

Supporting Member
I ended up just buying an MP40 online because I saw the sale was still going on there. I noticed it was cheaper than when I had checked on BRS with the same sale and realized they didn’t charge me sales tax? Is that normal? I thought in CA everything had to be taxed

Attachments

• IMG_8032.jpeg
    IMG_8032.jpeg
    38.8 KB · Views: 31
Complex tax stuff but at a very basic level, if the online retailer doesn’t have a physical presence in the state where the customer is making the purchase, you’ll see this lack of sales tax.

I remember this is because if a retailer does not have business entities like office/warehouse etc. in a state, there won't be online sales tax for buyers of the state.

Retailer has to do a minimum amount of business in California before they are required to collect sales taxes. You are required to report purchases out of state that did not collect sales tax on your behalf.

View attachment 55801

This is exactly why I don't do business with places that don't collect sales tax. I don't want to deal with tracking those numbers a year later.

I don't think they will come after you to get the taxes.

Even tho recently California is becoming more shitty... The gas prices are through the roof, stealing and burglary in brought daylight, and recently they started to enforce parking like crazy, to get more money off of you.
It feels like the California government wants you out of the state.

I don't think they will come after you to get the taxes.

Even tho recently California is becoming more shitty... The gas prices are through the roof, stealing and burglary in brought daylight, and recently they started to enforce parking like crazy, to get more money off of you.
It feels like the California government wants you out of the state.
Let’s not forget PGE :)

Back