Cali Kid Corals

My pics from Fiji

Thought you guys might like to see them:

http://flickr.com/photos/gustygs/

They are currently still loading, but I'm going to work in about an hour so I'll post this now. They are in a set called "Fiji" but sets don't show until it's fully loaded. There are some neat ones up there already though.

Beautiful pictures, I know the coral reefs aren't under 20ks actinics, or any of that other fake blue stuff we like to use, but even those brown corals looked fabulous simply because they were so large.

Those aren't brown! I have some flash pics later that show how badly my little digicam washes out the color, and some of that diving was pretty deep too, that doesn't help. Also, looking at what has loaded so far the best pics aren't there yet.

They best part of each dive was coming up at the end, we did a safety stop right at the edge of the reef crest.

Nice pictures.

Where in Fiji did you go?

Where did you sleep?

Which outfit did you dive with?

Would you stay and the same place and dive with the same outfit again?

We're planning a trip for when our Boys are older and can dive with us.

Regards,

Roy

[quote author=racrumrine link=topic=2523.msg26047#msg26047 date=1193359337]
Nice pictures.

Where in Fiji did you go?

Where did you sleep?

Which outfit did you dive with?

Would you stay and the same place and dive with the same outfit again?

We're planning a trip for when our Boys are older and can dive with us.

Regards,

Roy

[/quote]

Thanks!

We drove all the way around the main island of Viti Levu

We slept wherever we stopped, didn't make any reservations and simply consulted the guide book or asked the (very friendly) locals where we should stay. Night #1 was Uprising, #2 South Seas Hotel, #3 Volivoli Beach Resort, #4 Hotel Latouka

We dove with Dive Connections in Pacific Harbor, and Ra Divers at Rakiraki. Both were very good.

We ran short on time, our original plan had called for 3 days of diving, but we spent one of those driving the very rough roads on the east coast of Viti Levu. The day we canceled was supposed to be a trip to the Mamanuca chain of islands. From what I have heard, it's highly recommended to simply go to an outer island resort and stay in one place, I don't think I would do a trip like we did with kids. We wanted to explore Fiji, and I hope to go back soon and explore some of the outer islands.

Thanks for the helpful info.

In researching our trip, we realized that the country is huge and it would take a lot of time to get from place to place if we wanted to see more than one island.

Regards,

Roy

Did you just get back? Looks like you were there during the ASP event, Slaters 3rd 1st place of the year!

One day I hope to get there, perfect diving, surfing, eating, I'm so jealous.

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=2523.msg46450#msg46450 date=1213864931]
No say it ain't so Jer...you are not a Slater fan are you?
[/quote]Come on you gots to root for the old man, he's repping the US (not Hawaiians that have to be their own country in surfing ::)), and has supernatural powers. I'd love to root for Damo, ninja, or any of our local surfers, but they just ain't good enough (that goes for SC too sorry). When the waves line up our boys don't know what to do with perfection :D.

Back