Cali Kid Corals

My first attempt at HD video

So my place of employment just purchased a Canon HG10 to record whatever it is we record here which is never. I may be in charge of recording some interviews or something so I need to know how to use this camcorder. I decided to take it home for a night and see what I could do with it. Boring video, just random shots of my tank, but some of the random cameo's in it:

Tony's orange crush acan
Sergio's Red and Green mean killing machine (attacked my favia)
Jeff's toxic desert waste zoa's
Bryan's not so extreme monti and purple haze monti
Neptunes BAR swap chalice
Badbreads blue/purple/green yumas and blue/purple/red acan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHftB-sWXTs
(Make sure you hit the "HD" button in youtube)

So what can I do better? Seems like the image quality is really good on some shots and then really poor on others and I don't know why.

Boring I know, I just wasted 5 minutes of your life. Your welcome. :)

I loved your video! :D Almost as good as the real thing. I loved your choice of music too. You could sell this to Drs., Dentists, and Psychs. The combination of music and tank could be used to de-stress people. :D

Too Cool! I like it!

Jay, I was watching for the image quality issue you were mentioning. Maybe it's me, but it seemed like the camera in a few places wasn't quite keeping in focus. Which I can understand given that there is a piece acrylic between the objects and the camera. Also, if you don't keep the camera in a perpendicular plane with the Acrylic you will get some distortion, perhaps that's it? Overall very good!

Back