got ethical husbandry?

"Blasto" your tax blues away- Offering #2

Lyn

Offering # 2

Since it is Tax Day, I thought I'd offer some Blastomussas to make someone happy...to "Blasto" your tax blues away. Heehee :D
There are two offerings, so make sure you look for the other one.

"Blasto" your tax blues away! Offering #2

This is a red Blastomussa which may show a green mouth. One of my favorite corals. I won it in a raffle. It is very sensitive to Alkalinity fluctuations. This coral started out dark red, but has since lightened to a pink/orange. It is hard to capture the true color with my junk camera. I guess it is more like a "coral" red color, and slightly shiny under actinics. :) It has done well under med. lights and lots of target feeding. It is quite peaceful, so do not put it near an agressive coral.

IMGP4173-1.jpg

Requirements:

1. Please put me at the top of the DBTC list if I should lose mine.
2. Must be good with LPSs- have a proven track record with them. If you have put LPSs into DBTC, this is favorable. Please post it.
3. Promise to target feed it. It is a voracious eater of mysis, brine, etc, and loves to have each polyp fed. It's not necessary, but I try to feed each polyp at least sometimes.
4. Have a stable, fully cycled tank. Not less than 8 months. A picture of your tank would be nice. Post specs please.
5. Of course, you must be a current BAR member in good standing
6. And continue to return frags to BAR DBTC until no one wants them anymore. Then and only then may you trade or sell. I got this through BAR and I would like it to stay in BAR. Since Blastos are slow growers, this should take your lifetime. :bigsmile:

If you can abide by these rules, then you may put your name in the hat.

Oh, and one more thing...Tell me your favorite Startrek or Star Wars line or scene.

One of my favorite Star Wars fight scenes was with Darth Maul, Quigon, and Obi wan. The martial arts and acrobatics by Darth maul were incredible.
Another scene that cracks me up is when 7 of 9 confronts the OLD bad robot from one of the old TV shows. Can't think of the name right now. But she pulls out it's wires and tells it, "Resistance is futile". LOL :bigsmile:

Great Richard! Could you post specs please?

How about your favorite line from anywhere? Since I know you garden, I'll give you a quote that is on a little plaque my mother-in-law gave me since she knows I love to garden too. :)

It says, "One's nearer God's heart in the garden than anywhere else on earth. " :)

Sure, 36g with 13g refugium. 114W PC 50/50. 14HF rio return and two koralia 1's.

dKH8.6 and Ca 430. I am starting to dose two part to hold the alkalinity. There are finally enough corals to grow in my tank and pull on the alkalinity.

Video just for you Sherri:

http://scher.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/04/13/welcome-back/

This is great! Thank you. I have been totally under at work this week and the heat wave didn't help as I had to scramble a couple of days to cool the room and tank.

Will you be at the May BOD?

Lyn,

I can do it all except the favorite scene, because I do not remember any of them to even have a favorite. Yes this is a near fatal flaw I have, but there is too much Earth in my chart to even consider the stars.

I can raise you one to say I will never sell this coral. Hand feeding the one blasto I have is about as good as it gets in reef keeping. I also recently fragged mine and one is coming to DBTC soon. I look forward to years blast-fragging.

Thanks,

Back