Our mission

Any suggestions for a nice romantic dinner??

Julius Castle in SF. Never been disappointed.

http://images.google.com/images?client=safari&rls=en&q=julius+castle&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=WcUcS7b-FZDWsQP7xf2RBw&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CB4QsAQwAw

Never mind- Just discovered they closed... :cry:

http://www.gayot.com/restaurants/julius-castle-san-francisco-ca-94133_3sf00202.html

How about a nice weekend get away at the Ritz Carolton in Half Moon Bay ? She'll never forget that one. Cetrellas in downtown HMB is good also.

phishphood said:
Digging this one up, any other suggestions for a typical Valentine's day dinner?

Make a nice meal for your significant other, they appreciate it and you don't have to deal with the damn fixed menu and crowded noisy restaurants.

Btw, We ended up going to pisces in the city on Judah street. Pretty good and very easy on the wallet! Thanks everyone for the suggestions, got a whole new list of places to try.

Phishphood, I would do as Jeremy suggested for Valentines Dinner. I hate the long wait and large crowds on Valentines day.

So I'm usually the one cooking for her at least 4/7 days of the week.....plus it's her birthday too. She seems to think me cooking = nothing special now.

phishphood said:
So I'm usually the one cooking for her at least 4/7 days of the week.....plus it's her birthday too. She seems to think me cooking = nothing special now.

We're in the same boat then, I hope you're not a sucker like me and you do the dishes too :D

I guess this is a bit late...

My fav place is LePapillon off of Saratoga and Keily! The tasting menu is to die for! and it costs a min of $100 per person (not including wine - which I do not drink)

House of prime ribbs can also does togo, there togo services are amazing because I bought for the family of 8 and it when i picked up, everything pack in a reusable food dividing dish. From downtown, bring home all the way to Twin Peak area, the food was still hot, nothing get smash around and it was the best to go meat i ever had. You don't have to dine out to be romantic... Food togo at home, and nice movie is sweet enough...

Try Clemintine's now it's callled Chapo which means "WOW!" It's on Clement across from Georgio's. Parking can be difficult, but the food and service will blow you away and make the parking jitters quickly dissipate. It's on the Chronicle's Top 100 Restaurant list. I recommend having the Sweet Breads.

Have fun you love birds, what ever you decide.

Back