Neptune Aquatics

Anyone dose whole tank with cipro? And where to get?

L/B Block

Supporting Member
Has anyone dosed their tank with cipro? I just had one small bird nest colony suddenly STN and now the other big one is!

Reading up on this -I was going to let the first one slide as..an aberration-but with the second one starting (fast) -this is not so nut rather more likely a bacterial infection of some sort.

Has anyone treated a whole reef tank with cipro before -and where to get it (fast).

ThanKs

Has anyone dosed their tank with cipro? I just had one small bird nest colony suddenly STN and now the other big one is!

Reading up on this -I was going to let the first one slide as..an aberration-but with the second one starting (fast) -this is not so nut rather more likely a bacterial infection of some sort.

Has anyone treated a whole reef tank with cipro before -and where to get it (fast).

ThanKs
What makes you say it's a bacterial infection versus the variety of other reasons something could STN/RRN?

Have you had any parameter swings? Like a temp swing in the last couple days of heat? My experience with birdsnest is they are super sensitive to temp swings....

Have you had any parameter swings? Like a temp swing in the last couple days of heat? My experience with birdsnest is they are super sensitive to temp swings....
Temp-no.
PH-yes. Parameter swing from low of 8 to 8.3 to now 8.2 to 8.4. The mother colony has been robust though to just about everything thrown at it in over year.

I’ve dozed my Frag tank on two separate occasions. .125mg/l x3 over a week. A few months later again at .4mg/l x3 over a week.

Should get my aqua biomics test back this week.

My tanks have always been on the shittier side so shop a couple more opinions before dosing in tank.

6 months ago
68575571317__5BECEDB3-D70A-40D2-8403-793CCECDD446.jpeg

2 months ago

IMG_1814.jpeg

Thanks for the info. I had just ordered a test from them myself. See what pops up. How long is the return time on the tests?

I incidentally just don’t want to dose this w/o some info first. It really is similar to humans in that you just don’t want to take cipro for the fun of it -and can have consequences.

They were better before the dose. It’s hard to say if the dosing was the culprit. Po4 went to 0.0 for less than 24 hours. So that could be a reason for the crap in the follow up.

Thanks for the info. I had just ordered a test from them myself. See what pops up. How long is the return time on the tests?

I incidentally just don’t want to dose this w/o some info first. It really is similar to humans in that you just don’t want to take cipro for the fun of it -and can have consequences.
I submitted my test at the end of a cycle so i got it back in about 3weeks. Assuming no delays

I’ve dozed my Frag tank on two separate occasions. .125mg/l x3 over a week. A few months later again at .4mg/l x3 over a week.

Should get my aqua biomics test back this week.

My tanks have always been on the shittier side so shop a couple more opinions before dosing in tank.

6 months ago
View attachment 47131

2 months ago

View attachment 47132

Remove colony and take a few frags from as far away as you can. Water change and carbon
Thanks. Couple frags already added.
Carbon already in place.

How much in terms of water change over week do you recommend?
Prob will take a couple more frags today and will remove colony..shame -really nice colony.

Back