Cali Kid Corals

Anyone have a calibrated TDS meter (SF) I can compare against?

sfsuphysics

Supporting Member
I'm seeing WAY too much filament type algae in my sump (sunlit one), luckily none in the main tank (knocks of wood)... however I'm wondering if my DI resin is shot (or hell maybe even my RO membrane is as well!).

So what I'm looking for is anyone in the San Francisco region with a TDS meter I can come over bring some water plus my meters and simply calibrate against what yours says.

Not planning on going to the meeting next week, however if I can't find anyone near by I'll consider that an option.

Im in SF, but my TDS meter is an inline one. It should work just the same if I drop it into a container of water though.

Im not sure if its completely callibrated, but My RODI was getting old a couple months ago and read 5 on the TDS. I changed the media and it now reads 0, so it seems to be working.

Let me know if you want to stop by.

Jake Adams has now been scrapped from the talk list this meeting, new meeting will now be "TDS and You, a comparison and calibration workshop"

There will be a brief (possibly) intermission with the TDS talk where Jeremy demonstrates how to properly beat someone with a sock and que ball.

Back