Our mission

Anyone have a colony of goldenrod anacropora?

Darkxerox

Facilities, Events, LFS Partnership
BOD
Curious if it's made its way to the west coast, I've seen some amazing shots/videos of it (mostly from Inappropriate Reefer). I figure @Hella_Salty650 would be the most likely!

Ooh.. I didnt know it was sought after like that. Mok-Yi did offer to send me some but I declined not knowing what it was o_O.

I bought a frag off jcc a year ago or so. it has some yellow but I can't pull the red/pink polyps from it yet. I did sell a frag to a member on here awhile back, unsure if he still has it and/or what it looks like.

Last edited:
I bought a frag off jcc a year ago or so. it has some yellow but I can't pull the red/pink polyps from it yet. I did sell a frag to a member on here awhile back, unsure if he still has it and/or what it looks like.
Have you tried giving it to an experienced reefer? Jk of course

This looks really cool. Once it gets common in about 2 years, I'll be ready for a frag (in Vegas)!

Last edited:
I had a small colony, unfortunately it falls off a rock near the overflow box with low lights. unable to take a picture, but able to brake it off small pieces with a gripper
It does have red polyps

Attachments

• IMG_1729.jpeg
    IMG_1729.jpeg
    64.1 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_1730.jpeg
    IMG_1730.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1731.jpeg
    IMG_1731.jpeg
    70.3 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
I had a small colony, unfortunately it falls off a rock near the overflow box with low lights. unable to take a picture, but able to brake it off small pieces with a gripper
It does have red polyps
Nice! Does it get that strong gold/yellow color under the low lighting or does it need more light to develop?

Not to hijack the thread, anyone can recommend any "not high-end" yellow acro? Looking to add color variation to my tank. The only yellow'ish coral i have is monti and zoas. Yellow'ish stick would be lovely.

Not to hijack the thread, anyone can recommend any "not high-end" yellow acro? Looking to add color variation to my tank. The only yellow'ish coral i have is monti and zoas. Yellow'ish stick would be lovely.
not to burst your bubble, but keeping yellow isnt easy for sps. everyone has their own ideas on how to pull/keep the yellow coloration. in my experience, high par and dosing potassium keeps the yellow bright and vibrant. i do run high nutrients, but i dont know if that works or not with the combination of my current set up.

some yellow sps on top of my mind: tck pikachu, tyree pink lemonade, rrc wolverine, pink floyd, rmf tigers blood.

not to burst your bubble, but keeping yellow isnt easy for sps. everyone has their own ideas on how to pull/keep the yellow coloration. in my experience, high par and dosing potassium keeps the yellow bright and vibrant. i do run high nutrients, but i dont know if that works or not with the combination of my current set up.

some yellow sps on top of my mind: tck pikachu, tyree pink lemonade, rrc wolverine, pink floyd, rmf tigers blood.
yeah, that sucks. I have success with "easy" SPS but definitely not expert by any measure. high PAR =? I'm running 350(top)-250(bottom) PAR , fairly even spread across the tank. That's with 60+% intensity. Plenty of headroom. I dose trace (tropc marine), running ULNS -- dosing small amount of Nitrate and Phosphate. Maybe i should skip Yellow. :)

yeah, that sucks. I have success with "easy" SPS but definitely not expert by any measure. high PAR =? I'm running 350(top)-250(bottom) PAR , fairly even spread across the tank. That's with 60+% intensity. Plenty of headroom. I dose trace (tropc marine), running ULNS -- dosing small amount of Nitrate and Phosphate. Maybe i should skip Yellow. :)
honestly, its all about learning. you can pick it up and see how it goes. then adjust when needed. you cant be a pro status without taking the plunge - that's how we learn.

Back