Cali Kid Corals

Anyone use Seatak yet?

L/B Block

Supporting Member
As the title suggests -not sure if anyone has used this yet? Curing takes a bit I was reading so I am curious on the best method to attach frags to rocks?

As in-apply Seatak to drag-apply to rock? Or use the superglue/epoxy method.

Everything online so far has not been helpful in this regard.

Gonna order it up soon enough. No more wild
Urchin rides for corals!

No personal experience. It looks interesting, I’d like to hear people’s experience too. Following along.

Found the link I was looking for -

I will be watching these on the 14 hours I am flying home. And try to catch up on a couple of ReefBeat podcasts!

I have some preliminary experience with Sea Tak. By mistake I purchased online the small cylindrical tube which requires a separate proprietary Blue Line caulking gun. I should have bought the squeeze tube. I just cut the tip off the tube so I was able to get it out. It is hard to work with, wanting to stick to your fingers or itself and not the rock or plug. You need to use a lot of the product. I attempted to glue 6 frags to rock underwater. 4 worked, 2 fell off. One of the latter was on a vertical surface. I probably needed to use more product and hold it longer to set. I think it will take some practice but I believe I would use it again in the future so as to be able to glue underwater.

Good info to know. I bought two tubes. Need to stop HTA go pick up a couple
Of frags!!!

They do highly recommend gloves! The video I watched showed them essentially putting down one layer on rock, then a second layer on the rock, then adding a layer to the frag-the attach frag to rock. Not sure if this helps.

Back