Jestersix

aqua controller jr--good, bad, ok

are they any good and whats one worth used, with aqua notes, ph & temp probes, dc8, serial port w/ cable. It about 1.5 years old, is 250 a good price and will it do pretty much everything I need to run a reef tank. ???

thanks jeremy

Depends what you mean by "what you need" as far as active monitoring and controlling you got the two biggies down Temperature and pH, so you should be good there. The price isn't bad, I don't think it's by any means a steal, marine depot has them going for $280, the pH probes do need to be replaced periodically so hope you have a feel for how long its been used, aquanotes is a bit pricy assuming its the pay version and not the free one.

But its not a bad setup.

ACJr is a good controller for basic stuff. $250 is just ok. I wouldn't say it's a good deal. You might have to replace the pH probe which cost about $50.

ph probes...argh. I was looking for my ph monitor so I could set up a CA reactor. I found it and the box and as I was walking with it, the box slipped so I tightened my grip and broke the stupid ph probe...they cost $45! So I think I'll just use my chemical ph tests for now. What a waste! Those things are delicate!

Apparently, you have to replace them every 6 months anyway...

V

Back