High Tide Aquatics

Aquatic life HID/T5 light fixture

Anybody know much about this fixture ? I'm thinking of putting it over a 4' x 2' x 12" frag tank.

http://www.aquaticlife.com/hid/index.html

You can ask Robert at Neptune, he's an authorized dealer Robert4025 I think is his user name here. I saw the fixtures and look nice, well constructed and if I remember right, AL is to have major MH bulb manufacturers supply with their name brand bulbs to fit this particular light. They incorporate a digital timer that controls T5 and the two spots independently.
Those are spot lights so I assume will light certain area of the tank so if you want full coverage, might not be what you're looking for

Thanks Xcaret...the spread was my main concern also.
I heard Ushio makes the HID bulbs.
This type of fixture is suppose to be more common in europe and asia.

I'll give Robert a call manana.

I believe the only current hurdle is that the HID is only 10K. Surely there will be others soon, but I think that is what is currently available.

Thanks Tony...I guess I would get good growth w/the 10k...I just would like to see one over a tank.

I've been meaning to ask you who is that person in your avatar that's winking ?

-Jim

Mr. Google Images :p

It came about when Gresham was bogarting all the winks. I couldn't let him have the monopoly on them!

Gomer said:
I believe the only current hurdle is that the HID is only 10K. Surely there will be others soon, but I think that is what is currently available.

Pretty sure their 14KK and 20KK have come out all ready as they were supposed to hit the street prior to BAYMAC. Ushio has indicated they plan on doing several kelvin ranges for these as well.

Plenty of smilies to go around, your just looking in the wrong tab I guess. Silly boy!!!

At BAYMAC, the vendor on site said that they only had 10K at the moment. Marine depot also just lists(ed) it with 10k. If they have others out, even better :) I knew others were available, just not in the US (at the time)

they were up on the stage on the right (facing the stage). The WM skimmer is sweet!
I think I'm going to need to upgraded up from the HOB Remora and was tempted by the WM ones.

Ahh I see, I only went up in that general direction to pick up the raffle prize that I didn't win but had to stare at next to my door for the next couple months :D

+1.

This is what currently what's available:

AquaticLife's G12 HID bulbs: 6K, 10K, 14K, and 20K

USHIO's G12 HID bulbs: 10K, 14K, 20K

Both brands available in 150W version only.

Jim...I replied to your email. Thanks!

Robert

Back