Kessil

Attacking Feather Duster?

My male clownfish randomly swam over to my feather duster and bit some of the "feather" and started pulling them and trying to rip them off. The feather duster retracted its feathers but I'm puzzled at this behavior. Why did my clownfish do this and what was his reason? Will this continue? Is he trying to eat/kill the feather duster? :~

He attacked it again yesterday after I fed him and this morning when he woke up. I bought a beautiful, healthy RBTA which is big enough for both my clowns to get into and it is less than 2" away from where they sleep in the sand at night so I don't think he's trying to find a host. Is it possible he's trying to eat the feather duster? (I just turned my head towards the aquarium and he's attacking it again). The female clowns doesn't seem to care about what the feather duster is doing but every time the feather dusters begins to come out, the male clown attacks it. Any more ideas?

Agreed with Roc. Your fish do some really odd things. Only thing that comes to mind is it's being territorial....which means eventually one or the other will probably have to go. Could try rearranging....

I think my fish are going mental... I might try moving the feather duster if he keeps this up. It might be territorial problems (the clowns are VERY aggressive towards my hand) so I'll watch and see if it looks like a territory war.

Back