Kessil

best way to remove heavy diatoms?

MightyMagnet :-D

I have an acrylic tank and have had to deal with that plague. I have a plastic scraper (the blue multi angle one that some here will know) and it works well. I also had to hand "rub" it out with filter floss. Both took a lot of effort and time. I got my mighty magnet and it came off with so little effort and time. Tank cleaning is a breeze. It is a combo of the cleaning pad and magnet strength (which is WAY better then the typical magfloat types). Mike got the MM algae sock and used it on his Magnevore (another high end and powerful magnet) and it worked out quite well for him too.

Yes, it is expensive. But if I had know it would make cleaning this easy, I would have gotten one ages ago. It would have saved SO much time.

Don't make me tell you about slipping it over the end of a super scraper where it fits perfectly and does an amazing job of cleaning along the sand line without scratching ;)

Would anything stop me from putting the super algae sock over say....an algae free magnet mount and using that? Would that be likely to scratch the walls?

Back