Our mission

Blue star polyps and rasta zoas

Reefinglens

Supporting Member
As title states, I have blue star polyps and Rasta zoas mixed on a 2x2 tile available for supporting members. If multiple people are interested I can cut it possibly up to 6.. Not the best pic lol

Pick up in Richmond
IMG_7200.jpeg

Thanks for sharing!
I haven’t heard them called blue star polyps before. They sure look like something I’ve seen called blue cloves. If it’s the same I consider it highly invasive and would not recommend anyone add it to a reef tank

Thanks for sharing!
I haven’t heard them called blue star polyps before. They sure look like something I’ve seen called blue cloves. If it’s the same I consider it highly invasive and would not recommend anyone add it to a reef tank
Agree, these are super hard to get rid of and I am going to kill my 30 gallon rock because of these.

Thanks for sharing!
They do look to be the same, thank you for sharing that @Coral reefer. I have been able to manage them on this tile for over a year, they popped up on a frag of the Rasta zoas and as you can see they grew out WAYYY faster than the zoas. If no one wants them by next week guess I’ll just chuck em. Lol

I never found anything to eat it. A “Halloween” urchin scraped it off, but I dont think it ate it. Scraping but not eating might be worse than doing nothing tho. Maybe it age some and didnt like it. Who knows. I wouldn’t touch that shit with a ten foot pole and a bucket of bleach

Last edited:
Back