Neptune Aquatics

Bubble King mini 180 vs Bubble Master 200

This is in regards to my frag tank question. If I had a seperate sump for the frag tank, would you guys go with the bk mini 180 or bm 200 ?

How big of a frag tank? I'd go with the cheapest option. Simply put frag tank you might not have fish in it, or VERY limited fish (perhaps a wrasse or something to deal with pests), I probably wouldn't bother with feeding the corals much either (unless you are interesting in growing out corals galore outside of your main tank.

I think both of those skimmers you listed can handled 200g of good sized fish load fairly easily,and AFAIK the BM is WAY cheaper then the BK skimmers which IMO doesn't have that much extra stuff to justify the cost difference.

Mike,

I was thinking of a 4 ' x 2' x 12" tank.
The bk 180 is used and the bm200 is new. They are pretty much the same price, but the pumps for the bm200 are 150 bucks and the bk 180 are an arm and leg.

Thanks for the advice as always,

Jim

I like the BK, the skimmer body has more bubble contact time in the low turbulence body area then the BM, so it develops a bit of a drier head with out having to run the water level low in the neck

Back