Cali Kid Corals

Can't call it, Monti cap questions/problems

Roc

So I got a couple of caps about a year ago, these were some of the corals which were transfered from my 20 gal to my current tank. They have both grown quite a bit (the purple one is about 5 times as big, the orage cap is at least 20 times as large). These caps always seemed to be pretty bullet proof and were even thriving when some of my other SPS seem to be dying due to low cal levels and unstable Akl levels.

However I have been dosing now for about a month with B-ionic and my cal stays around 450 and my akl is at 170ppm. All my other SPS and corals are loving the stablity however I have noticed that the purple cap seems to have algae growing on it (seems very disperporanate to the amount of algae in the entire rest of the tank) and constantly needs to be brushed to remove it, and the orange cap has some bleached areas, and some areas which have turned a dark black coloring.

The flow has always been consistant to these corals, the only difference since seeing them take a down turn is I added some new bulbs to my fixture (which has only helped all the other corals in the tank) and I stated dosing B-ionic.

Pics to be posted tonght

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=5840.msg73229#msg73229 date=1231380297]
You may want to check your mag, your Ca is high enough that I'd imagine it's OK, but it's worth a shot.
[/quote]

I don't have a mag test but since my alk and cal stay stable I always thought that ment my mag was fine, plus keep in mind all other SPS. LPS etc in the tank is thriving one the caps are in trouple.

things have taking a turn for the worse, the orange cap is showing big issues with tissue ressesion.

here it is this morning and 9 hours later with a lot more tissue resseion

I figured it out as far as the orange monti, nudi's I saw something that looked like an egg, as i tried to take out the colony it broke into a million pieces, I dipped what looked like it could live, scubed the bottoms with a toothprast and mounted to a piece of LR rubble. Orange colony is but a mear couple of pieces at this point, the purple one was unsaveable..........

Back