Kessil

Cant find my Mandarin?

Last weekend I got a mandarin and I haven't seen it since. I have fed the tank live brine yesterday but still haven't seen it. I assume this is characteristic of them? But my other concern is if it dies because it isn't eating will the hidden carcass nuke my tank if I cant get it out before it decays?

in a 90g tank 1 dead mandarin isn't going to affect it much if at all. If it is dead all sorts of critters you might have in your tank will most likely take care of the carcass before it decays too much, especially if you have bristleworms.

Hey I thought the only "store bought stuff" they would eat (without being trained) was tiger pods or one of those great RN products, maybe their rep will stop buy and wieght in

Nope...not all need to be trained.

BTW that's two "g"s as in, Tigger-Pods. :p

They definitely eat live brine at least mine would only eat that (so frustrating, i sold him last night :(. They do hide in crevices sometimes, possibly it is stuck?

I can go 2-3 days with out seeing mine , then all of a sudden he decides he wants to be the star of the show and he is right up front . I haven't seen a healthy one turn down "Tigger Pods" .

If you think he is dead but aren't sure check your skimmer . If a fish dies in my tank two things happen , all the hermits go nuts and start swarming , the second is that my skimmer gets twice the gunk it normally does . If i think I lost a fish I just skim pretty wet and let the tank do its thing .

yeah suck but thing happen.. Just let your tank fish free for couple months and buy fish again. Just be more careful when you buying. Make sure the fish look healthy and eat well.

I always ask the store owners to feed their fish before I buy. The good stores will generally be happy to toss some frozen brine in for you.

My mandarin takes frozen mysis. Took a little training, but not too bad.

Back