Cali Kid Corals

Captive Bred Royal Gramma

There's also chatter going on of another biota order through high tide and @under_water_ninja . Note that even biota still recommends QTing their stuff, though if you can get the captive bred and pick it up in the bag before a random LFS puts it in their tanks, I'd imagine it's quite safe.

Once it goes into a LFS tank all bets are off. Unless it's a place that does a real QT like high tide.

I believe @IOnceWasLegend was the one discussing the order through high tide.

There's also chatter going on of another biota order through high tide and @under_water_ninja . Note that even biota still recommends QTing their stuff, though if you can get the captive bred and pick it up in the bag before a random LFS puts it in their tanks, I'd imagine it's quite safe.

Once it goes into a LFS tank all bets are off. Unless it's a place that does a real QT like high tide.

I believe @IOnceWasLegend was the one discussing the order through high tide.
That's good to know - I have asked Kenny before and it did not sound like there was a Biota order any time soon. I would definitely prefer a QTd captive-bred gramma but it seemed like you could get them either QTd or captive-bred - not sure why these fishes are still sold non-captive-bred, but it is all supply and demand I guess.

That's good to know - I have asked Kenny before and it did not sound like there was a Biota order any time soon. I would definitely prefer a QTd captive-bred gramma but it seemed like you could get them either QTd or captive-bred - not sure why these fishes are still sold non-captive-bred, but it is all supply and demand I guess.
Yup, supply and demand.... it's cost based. Hobbyist that are driven by price alone are the bulk the the industry, its bread and butter so to speak.

I finally have a QT tank, cycled and ready to take fish. Does anyone know who has one (1) captive-bred Royal Gramma around here? Aquatic Collection had them until two weeks ago (my tank was not ready, and they did not hold the fish), but not anymore, and it is uncertain when they will get the next delivery.

Also, I checked with Ultimate Aquarium last night, but no response yet.

(Beef warning) I have been very much surprised by how difficult it is to get captive-bred fish, and specifically, this what I thought relatively mainstream species that should not be sold wild caught, in my opinion. It seems to drive folks like me to order more online vs. at the LFS. Also, there appears to be an increasing trend by our local stores to invest more in Freshwater (AC and Neptune).

Anyone knows who is selling them - it seems impossible to find them.
We have had this guy for an about a week. He’s active and eats but he is wild.

Attachments

• IMG_0668.png
    IMG_0668.png
    117.3 KB · Views: 72
Back