Reef nutrition

Consider updating your BAR profile

Darkxerox

Facilities, Events, LFS Partnership
BOD
So building off an old post by @Vincerama2 , I was going to put out a general call for people to update their profiles. @MichaelB reminded me after he put up a great photo of his family as his avatar. It's fun recognizing people at frag swaps too when people use their real photos.

You can change your profile banner to a picture of your tank/favorite animal, update your location so BARcode and other members know what city (or county) you're in to better arrange equipment transfers, link your tank journal or Instagram in your signature, update any corals you have in BARcode, etc.

The more time/effort you put into the club, the more you get back! People are more likely to help and interact with you when you're not just guest12345 with one post and zero info.

Note: if for privacy reasons you don't want to, totally fine! Just put what you feel comfortable with.

So building off an old post by @Vincerama2 , I was going to put out a general call for people to update their profiles. @MichaelB reminded me after he put up a great photo of his family as his avatar. It's fun recognizing people at frag swaps too when people use their real photos.

You can change your profile banner to a picture of your tank/favorite animal, update your location so BARcode and other members know what city (or county) you're in to better arrange equipment transfers, link your tank journal or Instagram in your signature, update any corals you have in BARcode, etc.

The more time/effort you put into the club, the more you get back! People are more likely to help and interact with you when you're not just guest12345 with one post and zero info.

Note: if for privacy reasons you don't want to, totally fine! Just put what you feel comfortable with.
@Darkxerox
You do look SO professional in your picture
I’m intimidated
And as many know, I’m a crotchety old fart!
I did make the tie dye that’s my avatar pic

I like this, and actually submitted an official request to change my name from “SepToob” to something more similar to my own name…my request was apparently ignored! Not sure if it went to the webmaster or what but I would still like to do this.

I have met so many people now in person, visited their homes, had people visit my home…I would rather have a less nonsensical identity!

I like this, and actually submitted an official request to change my name from “SepToob” to something more similar to my own name…my request was apparently ignored! Not sure if it went to the webmaster or what but I would still like to do this.

I have met so many people now in person, visited their homes, had people visit my home…I would rather have a less nonsensical identity!
Thomas is pushing along your request, in progress :)

Do you mean SepToob was a nonsensical identity? Now I am curious what it actually meant…:).

Do you mean SepToob was a nonsensical identity? Now I am curious what it actually meant…:).

My first daughter was born in September and her nickname for most of her childhood so far is "Toob" or "The Toob" :)

IMG_4773 (1).jpg

Fixed! I don’t know where your request wound up, but not with me. I heard about it from Thomas yesterday.

My last name is Rea which ties in with Rey and DeFarts is my daughter's way of saying I'm a bit gassy. The username seems to have worked because folks recognize it when I introduce myself.

Back