Cali Kid Corals

Considering getting a red sea wavemaker.. good/ bad and otherwise??

Hi all,
I am considering getting a wavemaker and wanted to see what you all think of the Red Sea wavemaker??
Good? Bad? Issues?

I have 2 Koralia 4's and 2 maxi jets i will be running on it.

LMK what you think

Also, if you have one or something comparable please Pm me

I don't think the Koralia will work well on the red sea wavemaker. They are not made to turn on and off all the time. MJ should work fine.

I just got a great deal on one from e-Bay, I'll let you know if I like it. I plan on filling up an old 24" acrylic tank I have to see what it does with a few mj 1200's. I may not feel comfortable putting 4 mj 1200's in my 46 since it's only 3ft but I'll keep you posted. I also have a 30" acrylic that I'm setting up for my son so I may try it there also.

Thanks please let me know how it goes....I have 2 Koralia 4's that are just blowing around everything like crazy and would like to "calm the seas" a bit sometimes...

I don't have any personal experience but have spent way too much time trying to come to that same answer recently. There is no consensus on how the unit works with the Koralia's. Half say they do not work well at all and the other half say they work great. The MJ's will of course work fine but it seems that most the Koralias that ended up working fine with the Redsea needed some sort of MOD to get them to stay quiet. The Red sea wavemaker overall seems to be a very nice unit. I personally just said screw it and went with a pair of Tunze Nano Streams 6055 with 7091 controller.

Back