Reef nutrition

Coral reefer’s 360 gal system. 225 display and frag tanks

Mike, congrats!! I'm so sorry man.............I'm outta town this weekend. I borrowed the suction cups from Neptune. Very handy if you can get them. Stoked you are getting that tank.

Anybody know where to buy good quality suction cup movers? Picking up tank in Livermore tonight. Unloading tonight in sf. In case anyone wants to help

Are you saying aquarium concepts has them? I don't understand the other comment. Someone in the club used to have a set. Was hooing they would chime in. Can't remember who it was tho

Mike, I was thinking maybe Aquarium Concepts might have them. Since they sold the 500 gal tank they had in their store to an acquaintance's home in Mountain House. And figured since you were going to be near there, maybe that could easy to borrow from. As for other comment, glass shops have to move large panes of glass all the time. I would assume they have the suction cup things to move glass around.

null_zps8c67b68c.jpg

200 + plus club, son!
It's in the garage. Now I have to figure out wtf I'm gonna do for real. At a minimum I'll need another sol blue, a bigger skimmer, a new sump because I hate the one from the 120, and there is some finish work to be done on the stand. I'll be making two holes in the floor to make water changes easier, but I may wind up connecting my garage system to this as well, mainly to cut out some of the redundant equipment.
Totally undecided how its all gonna go, but I got time. We will be painting next weekend, so the 120 will be moved into the kitchen temporarily while we paint, a d then I can begin setting up the new beast.
It is 6' x 30" footprint and 2' tall. 36" stand. Starphire glass. I really would've preferred 30" tall as well, I really like the look of tall tanks, but can't beat the price with a stick.

And the frag racks that will not be going into the new tank since I'll have room in the stand for them. Not sure if the sump will have a frag section incorporated or if I'll be doing a seperate frag tank in the stand. Time (and space) will tell
null_zps5deec11c.jpg

null_zpsb99cc666.jpg

And one weird angle whole tank shot of the 120 before it gets taken down

null_zps5b78e525.jpg

Damn Mike, welcome to the big boy's club now ;)

Where are you getting your Salinity now? Kind of pissed about SeaChem's decision to do brick and mortar only on it... I'm really tempting to switch to any other salt that F&S might carry as I'm running down to my last half bucket.

I don't envy you if you want to put that tank upstairs though... ouch.

Thanks! Not bad shots for an iPhone 4. Too down is certainly the way to go.
Here's a shot of the empty tank spot after moving the 120 and painting.
null_zps274cebbd.jpg

Now I'm ready to make a couple holes in the floor, maybe treat the floor with something like oil or wax, and add in a little extra support downstairs, before I do some finish work to pretty up the stand, and get this new tank running. Pretty sure I will be able to rent a lift and get the tank up to the height of the front door for a reasonably easy move upstairs.
Pretty sure the tank move went smoothly. Everything seems healthy and happy!

Not sure of your situation, but have you considered running the pipes into the wall and then down? A pain, but perhaps easier than repairing hardwood floors later if you move.

Back