Jestersix

Couple of pics from my new 85mm

Snapped a few shots tonite with my new 85mm .. I am really liking this lens so far.. Only drawback is the minimum focusing distance is quite long...

3156018210_3ddce35e9c_b.jpg

3156016748_2275e1bc44_b.jpg

Hahahah I was trying to get my own dogs to sit still.. This one is my neighbors dog. She can hear when we come home or when we are hanging out in my garage.. She comes down the block and crosses two streets to get here. She will stand on the sidewalk and watch cars drive by and walk across when all is clear :) It's hilarious.. I asked my neighbor and he sez she is really conscientous about cars. She is really smart.. She comes to get cookies!!!!

It was killing me trying to get my dogs to sit still. So I'm sitting in my dark garage frustrated and look who runs in LILY! She sees me with the camera sits down and looks into the garage door light :) Looked like she was posing for the shot. THen she turns her head to the side and I get her side profile.. It was so funny.. I wish I had video..

The 85mm on a DX crop is pretty long. It takes awhile to get used to how far ahead you need to look. I usually walk close enough for a 50mm on a DX crop, and then realize I'm way too close and have to backpedal. It's good for quick candids and close crops without getting too much context. You'll get used to the focal distance, but it takes some time to adjust.

These were from my FF sensored Cam :) It does well on my now long gone d200.. Good for a head or head and shoulder shot.. You have to be really really far away if you want a full body shot... The focus was a little slow on my d200 as well. Much better with the d300/d3.....

Back