Our mission

cynarina-donut coral

Anyone have experience with cynarina coral?
Care to share?
This is mine, when I got it it is t be infd really big and nice, but I think the flow in my system is too high it rarely inflate to a full circle like it used to.

Attachments

• 20200717_145510.jpg
    20200717_145510.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 176
Can you share a before photo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Unfortunately am my lack of interest in lps over the last couple years has made me early take picture of the lps in the system..
This is another pic, but still not fully inflated. At Neptune this same piece is amazing looking, donut shape 2 to 3 times the size of how it's looking in this pic. Uniformly rounded donuts shape.
Btw I think they are also called donut coral.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200717-151215_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20200717-151215_Photos.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 172
Just a guess, do you think it wants a “dirtier” tank than your ULN? I say that because I’ve seen some LPS become less puffy after nutrients tanking. It may need to acclimate to lower nutrients?

Just a guess, do you think it wants a “dirtier” tank than your ULN? I say that because I’ve seen some LPS become less puffy after nutrients tanking. It may need to acclimate to lower nutrients?
Oh for sure that's one possibility also. In my system some lps do not do well. But this one I have for more than a year and its growing, it's just not inflating which is why insyspect the current. I have 6 mp40s in my system. Lots of current.
At Neptune I see they put them in system that have gentle current. Mine is freaking violent lol

I have one with a lot of flow, but not directly on it. Couldn’t tell you what to do to make it open more. Wish I could. Do you ever target feed it?

I have one with a lot of flow, but not directly on it. Couldn’t tell you what to do to make it open more. Wish I could. Do you ever target feed it?
Hmm. No not really. I broadcast feeding not target.
But will try and see.
If I did not change I might just give it away and save on the space..

Back